The Old Folks Home

One dog, no husband.. and (let me get my calculator out) 42 chickens.. 18 are young and I will choose a few, but the rest go bye bye.. and 12 in the incubator.. Got to get a sampling of all my pairs to see what they are producing.
I was outside working on a new turn out pen for the second batch of hatchlings. I have 3 weeks before they need to go out, but I started early. Got one side and the back finished. Door frame is in, and the second side plus areas beside the door frame are ready to finish when I get another roll of small mesh chicken wire. Even have the roof on. I used a 6' x 10' greenhouse frame that is in perfect condition.. the cover didn't last 2 years, like the first one I got. I'm not wasting more money on covers.. What I don't want to freeze will just have to go in the spare bedroom with the most sunlight.

Lil Ms Sara was indeed helping me out.. every time I got a cable tie ready to secure wire, she was there trying to snatch it out of my hands.. she followed me all around the new pen repeating the same thing with each cable tie.

Snowflake is still scrunched down on that pile of eggs. I wonder how close any of them are to hatching.. really getting antsy to see babies and how she cares for them.

Gator got his weekly flea bath. I swear, they've genetically modified fleas or something. Frontline doesn't work. Advantix doesn't work. Seven works for a day.. the flea bath will help for maybe 2 days. I'm not going to play the $170 for 6 months worth of something new. Just can't afford it.

One dog, no husband.. and (let me get my calculator out) 42 chickens.. 18 are young and I will choose a few, but the rest go bye bye.. and 12 in the incubator.. Got to get a sampling of all my pairs to see what they are producing.
I was outside working on a new turn out pen for the second batch of hatchlings. I have 3 weeks before they need to go out, but I started early. Got one side and the back finished. Door frame is in, and the second side plus areas beside the door frame are ready to finish when I get another roll of small mesh chicken wire. Even have the roof on. I used a 6' x 10' greenhouse frame that is in perfect condition.. the cover didn't last 2 years, like the first one I got. I'm not wasting more money on covers.. What I don't want to freeze will just have to go in the spare bedroom with the most sunlight.

Lil Ms Sara was indeed helping me out.. every time I got a cable tie ready to secure wire, she was there trying to snatch it out of my hands.. she followed me all around the new pen repeating the same thing with each cable tie.

Snowflake is still scrunched down on that pile of eggs. I wonder how close any of them are to hatching.. really getting antsy to see babies and how she cares for them.

Gator got his weekly flea bath. I swear, they've genetically modified fleas or something. Frontline doesn't work. Advantix doesn't work. Seven works for a day.. the flea bath will help for maybe 2 days. I'm not going to play the $170 for 6 months worth of something new. Just can't afford it.
count chickens.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom