The Old Folks Home

Ding Dong! Went to deliver eggs to Amanda this morning. It helps her out buying feed, and helps the guy out who buys them for his large family. Amanda is the sweet gal that gave me KE (my first bantam), and the Gen Lee (my first silkie). She looked at me with those puppy eyes and said "You need any more roosters? I said let's look. There were 3 serama boys pretty as you please, but I don't need yard ornaments. Then to the silkie house, 3 beautiful black silkie boys.... Hmmmmmmmm, thinking. Then this guy appeared from around the corner. Oh! He's going too? Yush, I have my 3 main breeding roosters, and these are extra. Gimme gimme gimme! He settled right down in my arm as I patted him like a baby. Let's go ma! He's got the most beautiful indigo ears I've ever seen!
View attachment 2920250View attachment 2920251
Softy:hugs

Hooooooooooo Doggies, did I luck out today. Someone lost a big fresh round bale of hay in the ditch across the road from my place.. Girls are all cosy in all that nice new fresh smelling hay! Oh, and the boys gave it the 'stamp' and 'coo coo' of approval too!
Sure they weren't coming back for it?

Once pulling a load of hay up the hill .. we had to kick off 1/3 of the load at a hairpin... limp home, unload, then go back to grab it.

Come to think of it. I wondered why oh why their were tire tracks running right up to the bale. Maybe it was purposely dropped off. They won't miss a little bit, will they?
Is it a small round? Or a big one?

But if it busted open and got rained on.. then they probably don't want it any more.

Back
Top Bottom