The Olive-Egger thread!

Oh I love those boys! They are real lookers. I just love roosters. I wish I had more property. If I did I would rescue them and just let them roam lol. They are just so gorgeous.. :)

They did ok until the hormones really kicked in. They were constantly fighting, and harassing the hens. I have 3 separate runs about 1/4 acre total with one beeeding rooster per pen. I couldn't allow them to breed my hens.

They did ok until the hormones really kicked in. They were constantly fighting, and harassing the hens. I have 3 separate runs about 1/4 acre total with one beeeding rooster per pen. I couldn't allow them to breed my hens.

Aww I'm sorry. My girlfriend has 40 acres and they free range a huge flock of chickens. They have about 10 roosters right now who all get along. I'm really impressed. I think that what I would like to aspire too lol. :)

Here's my 5week EE/BCM cross pullet, "Olive"

Geez I purchased 8 olive egger hatching eggs and got 6 roosters. All are 5 weeks now and already fighting each other. One was so bad I had to isolate him because he kept drawing blood from the others. They are in a rooster only pen. Hopefully I can find home soon!!!

I have an EE roo (avatar) and several EE and non.EE and EE cross hens. I get a variety of egg colors, but my only olive-ish eggs are really pale, so I recently ordered 2 marans and 2 barnvelder pullets for next hears crosses for olive eggs. Anyone else use barnbelders?

Having a hard time finding an answer to my question...
If I have an Olive Egger rooster (Maran X EE)
What hen should I breed him with to keep the olive egg trait?
I have EE hens that hatched from green eggs I bought from someone (not sure what color they will lay)
I have a Black Australorp hen
And RIR hens

The roo

Back
Top Bottom