The Olive-Egger thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by onthespot, Feb 9, 2009.

  1. Silverose

    Silverose Out Of The Brooder

    95
    1
    41
    Feb 12, 2011
    Middle Tenn
    Quote:I have some of those! I love to crack them open because they are blue inside and its such a pretty combination when you can see both sides. [​IMG]

    Need a marans roo to make some darker olives? Hint hint.

    maybe sometime later since you live at falls creek falls, it wouldn't be hard to convince my hubby to take the trip [​IMG] he loves that place and has been wanting to take the kids. are marans roo's very aggressive? I was thinking of welsummer for the dark brown. I just love the dark brown eggs with the light blue...it's sooo pretty! (so is the light pinkish with the light blue)
     
  2. Goose and Fig

    Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

    8,603
    37
    308
    Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:I have some of those! I love to crack them open because they are blue inside and its such a pretty combination when you can see both sides. [​IMG]

    Need a marans roo to make some darker olives? Hint hint.

    maybe sometime later since you live at falls creek falls, it wouldn't be hard to convince my hubby to take the trip [​IMG] he loves that place and has been wanting to take the kids. are marans roo's very aggressive? I was thinking of welsummer for the dark brown. I just love the dark brown eggs with the light blue...it's sooo pretty! (so is the light pinkish with the light blue)

    Yes! Look me up any time - the marans I have are really sweet. Might have some roos later that are blue tailed buff like dad and you'll get some really pretty OE babies from him.
     
  3. DMRippy

    DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

    14,969
    480
    341
    May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:Thanks! That is great!
     
  4. DMRippy

    DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

    14,969
    480
    341
    May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:I have some of those! I love to crack them open because they are blue inside and its such a pretty combination when you can see both sides. [​IMG]

    Need a marans roo to make some darker olives? Hint hint.

    I will give you a Black Copper Marans roo that came from a dark egg for an olive egger project !!! 2 maybe! I have 9 and only 6 pullets! They are not the best for breeding but Oliver Egger you need one BAD!!!! I will meet you somewhere in the middle if you want or if you come to the meet up they are working on.....pm me!

    Should have directed that to Silverose sorry
     
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. enggass

    enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

    1,650
    30
    191
    Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    So what do you think I can expect to see for egg color from a pullet that is a cross between an OE x WhAmeraucana? Amy, this is from your eggs - this girl here...
    [​IMG]
     
  6. Goose and Fig

    Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

    8,603
    37
    308
    Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:She's sooo pretty! Looks heavy on the ameraucana- I'd say blue eggs. But- I have one that starts out laying blue and later in the season she lays olive. Ya never know!
     
  7. Illia

    Illia Crazy for Colors

    16,241
    116
    336
    Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The bottom of my chart shows that - OE x blue layer = green egg. A pretty nice green, kind of like an EE green but a little more in the "grass" hue. [​IMG]
     
  8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

    15,959
    47
    346
    Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:She's sooo pretty! Looks heavy on the ameraucana- I'd say blue eggs. But- I have one that starts out laying blue and later in the season she lays olive. Ya never know!

    Is the cross BCM x Wheaten Am?

    ~ Aspen
     
  9. Illia

    Illia Crazy for Colors

    16,241
    116
    336
    Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

    Quote:She's sooo pretty! Looks heavy on the ameraucana- I'd say blue eggs. But- I have one that starts out laying blue and later in the season she lays olive. Ya never know!

    Is the cross BCM x Wheaten Am?

    ~ Aspen​

    The pictured hen doesn't have any Black Copper in her though; If she did, she'd be mostly to purely black in color.
     
  10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

    15,959
    47
    346
    Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Is the cross BCM x Wheaten Am?

    ~ Aspen

    The pictured hen doesn't have any Black Copper in her though; If she did, she'd be mostly to purely black in color.

    What kind of Maran was used?


    I have several FBCMxBlack Am and then some B/B/S Olive Eggers. I can't wait to see what color of egg they lay! [​IMG]

    ~ Aspen
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by