The Olive-Egger thread!

I need some help. I bought olive eggers at an auction it said they are 5/8 BCM and 3/8 black ameraucana. 4 pullets and 1 cockerel. The picture of the black one next to the cream legbar (bottom picture) is the one I think is the roo only because it's comb is large than the other Olive eggers I bought. Would any of you say the same?

(The top picture is what the other 4 olive eggers look like. The big black one not the little barred one)

Last edited:

I need some help. I bought olive eggers at an auction it said they are 5/8 BCM and 3/8 black ameraucana. 4 pullets and 1 cockerel. The picture of the black one next to the cream legbar (bottom picture) is the one I think is the roo only because it's comb is large than the other Olive eggers I bought. Would any of you say the same?

(The top picture is what the other 4 olive eggers look like. The big black one not the little barred one)
bottom black looks like a roo, top black pullet. Still too early for 100% certainty tho. :)

Incubating my first round of eggs. I started yesterday. Most of the pullets should be olive eggers I think. CL mix roo (he came straight run and his hatchmate that is a pullet lays light olive eggs) over GSL, Welsummer, Cuckoo Maran, Blue Andalusian, and an Olive Egger Hen. ( there are also 3 Amerucana eggs in there)
These are the eggs in the 'bator.

I am working on getting fertile eggs right now, but finding any eggs this time of year is rough, I have a momma hen and need just 3 to make her happy... I will pester a neighbor...

Back
Top Bottom