The Olive-Egger thread!

So funny - folks who want blue eggs from them get green, folks who want green eggs from them get blue...
lau.gif

- Ant Farm

you are right! I would like blue eggs and although my rumpless araucanas don't lay yet I saw the eggs at the breeder. they are pale greenish, not blue
he.gif

Would a RIR and an Ameraucana or EE give you an OE?
If it were really an Ameraucana...yes, might be more green than olive depending on darkness of RIR egg coating color genes.
If it's a blue laying EE, yes again but only 50% chance at best blue egg gene will pass to offspring.

you are right! I would like blue eggs and although my rumpless araucanas don't lay yet I saw the eggs at the breeder. they are pale greenish, not blue:he

Lol oh don't get me wrong I love my legbars laying the most perfect colored blue egg. I just don't have the Seafoam color to finish my rainbow collection lol

Last edited:
In all your experiences what age do your EE and OE start laying?
It is too variable--depends one what breeds are used to make the OE and if the EE is from a hatchery or from Breeder culls.

The range will be from 25 weeks to 30plus weeks--Wellsummer x a blue egg layer will usually take the longest time.

Fastest is Penedesenca x cream legbar.

I had 5 eggs in incubator, so I tossed in a few more a few days later. I didn't date them, and I thought I was only going to get a couple extra, but a 3rd egg just hatched.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom