The Olive-Egger thread!

blue cuckoo would look awesome imho. Thanks for the info guys. I will definately use the blue for olive eggers. I will put the splash over ccl's for ice cream bars. Thanks
With the blue cockerel, 50% will be 'blue' or diluted, 50% will be non-blue which as others have already said, easier to see the head spots.

I personally would go with the splash simply because I love blue birds, and with 50% of the other offspring being blue anyway and just as hard to see spots as using the splash cockerel
idunno.gif
. If you have 100% blue it might be easier to spot the differences?

Last edited:
One of my 4 1/2 month old Olive Eggers is laying! She is OE x Marans. Now to figure out who laid it. Several of them look ready. They're really a lot brighter than they appear here. Need some clouds I think.

One of my 4 1/2 month old Olive Eggers is laying! She is OE x Marans. Now to figure out who laid it. Several of them look ready. They're really a lot brighter than they appear here. Need some clouds I think.
congratulations on the beautiful eggs!

So, my , um , OE laid her first egg a few days ago. When I found it I was kind of thinking that one of the EE had laid a small egg. She's supposed to be f3. Le sigh. She's so pretty, one of my favorite colors. I guess I'll have to wait a fews more months to see if my second OE lays an olive egg. LOL!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6740086/width/200/height/400[/IMG

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6740087/width/200/height/400]

Hmmm. I was just wondering if maybe CCLs aren't great for OEs because the Leghorn genes supress brown?

So, my , um , OE laid her first egg a few days ago. When I found it I was kind of thinking that one of the EE had laid a small egg. She's supposed to be f3. Le sigh. She's so pretty, one of my favorite colors. I guess I'll have to wait a fews more months to see if my second OE lays an olive egg. LOL!

]

Hmmm. I was just wondering if maybe CCLs aren't great for OEs because the Leghorn genes supress brown?

Where does the suppress brown come from? Brown is a combination of 12 to 15 genes. There may be a dilution because of gene inheritance.

This is a CCL crossed with a Crele Penedesenca:

Back
Top Bottom