The perch experiment

I believe in K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) no harm ment here. But a bird will roost on any surface it can fit it's fat keester. I got old metal "L" shelf brackets up in one of my runs, they perch on them. Also got old branches tied together anchored in the the run corner, some branches as small as a 1/2 in diameter, they perch on them. Other runs I got a 4 foor long 2x2 rounded edges they don't perch on because it moves, it is literally a swing suspended on chain and eye bolts like you see advertised here. The birds don't like it. I also have Natural mountain juniper trunks from 4" down to 2 inch in diameter in coops and runs, they perch on them as well. Don't matter the surface, they will perch on it, roost one it if they feel safe.
No offense taken, I also believe in KISS. This is just a fun experiment. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel or make some incredible discovery in chicken psychology. They will roost on just about anything. I have one that actually seems to enjoy the thin wire top of a welded wire fence. I also have several that like that swing in the run. My goal is to see if there's anything they seem to prefer. What mine like may be completely different from others.

I believe in K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) no harm ment here. But a bird will roost on any surface it can fit it's fat keester. I got old metal "L" shelf brackets up in one of my runs, they perch on them. Also got old branches tied together anchored in the the run corner, some branches as small as a 1/2 in diameter, they perch on them. Other runs I got a 4 foor long 2x2 rounded edges they don't perch on because it moves, it is literally a swing suspended on chain and eye bolts like you see advertised here. The birds don't like it. I also have Natural mountain juniper trunks from 4" down to 2 inch in diameter in coops and runs, they perch on them as well. Don't matter the surface, they will perch on it, roost one it if they feel safe.

Back
Top Bottom