• OBVIOUSLY

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • they are my life

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • love them

Votes: 75 38.9%

• Total voters
Pics
So here she is. She loves scrambled eggs, but still doesn't seem to be thriving. They also picked most of the down off her butt. Should I try to "paint" her skin with something to protect her/change the color to darker? She isn't bloody or anything. (You can see in picture she has a full crop at least!)

Should I be worried that she's not thriving or is this just her and she's a chill little chick. Only time she has energy is when I add scrambled eggs. I have to put her and her buddy in a box so they don't get trampled. Her buddy got out of the shoe box but she couldn't so I had to tip it for her (I walked away for too long I guess)
How old is she now? I’m not sure if coloring her butt would help or not…red light is supposed to help with that. If you haven’t already, maybe mix in some Nutridrench and Greek yogurt. I’ve read that Polish often require more protein than other breeds, so the eggs plus vitamins and probiotics is helpful 😍 poor girl! She does look really timid and tiny!

My babies are growing up!! 😭 they are just so cute!! 🥰

Attachments

• DC0CAD91-9C02-476D-BCCF-9384955CC912.jpeg
    DC0CAD91-9C02-476D-BCCF-9384955CC912.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 6
  • CA051D94-3B1F-4FFE-8FFD-628C74F938EA.jpeg
    CA051D94-3B1F-4FFE-8FFD-628C74F938EA.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 9802E7A1-A3CA-47A7-9095-006ED1026F98.jpeg
    9802E7A1-A3CA-47A7-9095-006ED1026F98.jpeg
    718 KB · Views: 7
  • A9E8A910-DD65-4B6E-8680-0A56D5C97839.jpeg
    A9E8A910-DD65-4B6E-8680-0A56D5C97839.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 7
How old is she now? I’m not sure if coloring her butt would help or not…red light is supposed to help with that. If you haven’t already, maybe mix in some Nutridrench and Greek yogurt. I’ve read that Polish often require more protein than other breeds, so the eggs plus vitamins and probiotics is helpful 😍 poor girl! She does look really timid and tiny!
She's 1.5 weeks. Most likely hatched 3/28. Arrived at feed store 3/30. I will try the yogurt, not sure where to get nutri drench, the local supply store didn't seem to have anything but maybe I'll look closer. Dangerous to go in there. I just got two more chicks tonight. No more are allowed. Period!

She's 1.5 weeks. Most likely hatched 3/28. Arrived at feed store 3/30. I will try the yogurt, not sure where to get nutri drench, the local supply store didn't seem to have anything but maybe I'll look closer. Dangerous to go in there. I just got two more chicks tonight. No more are allowed. Period!
Yeah it’s very dangerous 😆 if they don’t have Nutridrench they may have the powdered Sav A Chick, you might get some of that and add to their water :) If she makes it to week 2, she has a real shot! I have lost all my fail to thrive chicks within the first week…so I will remain hopeful for her! 😍

Yeah it’s very dangerous 😆 if they don’t have Nutridrench they may have the powdered Sav A Chick, you might get some of that and add to their water :) If she makes it to week 2, she has a real shot! I have lost all my fail to thrive chicks within the first week…so I will remain hopeful for her! 😍
She's still going. I think she's two weeks Monday. She has a build up of poo on her booty but is still able to poop, so I'm probably leaving it alone. Figure the less I mess with her the better. I give them all two scrambled eggs a day. They go nuts for it so I stick her and the other Polish in a shoe box for protection with their own scrambled egg portion. She eats it, has a full crop, just doesn't do much else. :( She's smaller than the other Polish now but some could be because she doesn't have booty feathers... Makes her look shorter bodied. Idk. We'll see. I'd like to get them in an outside coop next weekend if it isn't too cold and I can get a t built. I have a lot of work to do, but they need more room!!!

She's still going. I think she's two weeks Monday. She has a build up of poo on her booty but is still able to poop, so I'm probably leaving it alone. Figure the less I mess with her the better. I give them all two scrambled eggs a day. They go nuts for it so I stick her and the other Polish in a shoe box for protection with their own scrambled egg portion. She eats it, has a full crop, just doesn't do much else. :( She's smaller than the other Polish now but some could be because she doesn't have booty feathers... Makes her look shorter bodied. Idk. We'll see. I'd like to get them in an outside coop next weekend if it isn't too cold and I can get a t built. I have a lot of work to do, but they need more room!!!
How are they doing now?

Today I let the Polish babies leave their coop with their surrogate moms. They have almost reached the same size as the Silkie mommas! They are all so cute and even my adult standard flock mingled with the babies without incident! They’re all just lovely little chickens 😍 I gave the definite girls names finally. I decided (and this may age me a little) that the girl Polish remind me of burlesque fan dancers. So I named them after famous dancers!

This is Josephine Baker
CC3F9F7D-2170-4E83-AF85-531FBBDD57C9.jpeg

This is Lola LaSoiel
2218D374-5FBB-4FD3-BD58-BD5FF86F9BF1.jpeg

And this is Sally Rand -

4CEC6D06-7A20-4301-8CDF-3B7332C41413.jpeg

The other three I’m still working on names for. I’m still on the fence about two of them being boys or girls. Their crest feathers don’t look super pointy or wild yet. One is WAY behind in feathering in so I’m pretty sure he’s a boy, but the other two feel sort of tweener ish. :)

The “pretty certain” boy
1C9129A7-8A60-4DD5-9FEA-EC7B0711A39A.jpeg

This is the other one I’m almost sure is a boy
6EBA4153-60D3-4B58-AFFA-896A5E0FEC4F.jpeg

This is the “I'm on the fence” chick. As the crest feathers continue to grow in they are looking more girlie than the other two. I need to get better pics of them tomorrow when the weather is better!
59959956-682B-4A65-A31A-7E611ADF38B6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom