• OBVIOUSLY

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • they are my life

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • love them

Votes: 75 38.9%

• Total voters
Pics
Well I’m not sure why but my 12 week old pullet Sally died in my arms tonight. She seemed a bit lighter than usual a couple days ago but otherwise active and friendly. Today she was notably weak, barely had any weight to her, and the others were picking on her. I’m feeling so sad and awful I didn’t notice sooner 😢 I have a lot of chicken stuff going on plus kids and sports and work and crap and I just hadn’t been outside enough to notice behavior concerns :-( She was such a sweet girl and I’m wondering if her gentleness made it easy for the others to bully her away from the feeders…4 of them are big and healthy and she and one of the boys were just gentle and meek and weren’t growing as well :-( I suppose in the long run the better genetics survived but I’m heartbroken tonight and wishing I could turn the clock back a week or more.

R.I.P. Sally, I loved you so 😢
Sorry to hear that.

You might want to think about deworming the flock. She might have had too high a worm load.

Also, consider coccidiosis too. Do you feed medicated food? If not, I'd switch to that.

Well I’m not sure why but my 12 week old pullet Sally died in my arms tonight. She seemed a bit lighter than usual a couple days ago but otherwise active and friendly. Today she was notably weak, barely had any weight to her, and the others were picking on her. I’m feeling so sad and awful I didn’t notice sooner 😢 I have a lot of chicken stuff going on plus kids and sports and work and crap and I just hadn’t been outside enough to notice behavior concerns :-( She was such a sweet girl and I’m wondering if her gentleness made it easy for the others to bully her away from the feeders…4 of them are big and healthy and she and one of the boys were just gentle and meek and weren’t growing as well :-( I suppose in the long run the better genetics survived but I’m heartbroken tonight and wishing I could turn the clock back a week or more.

R.I.P. Sally, I loved you so 😢
Oh no!!! I’m so sorry!!!

We have them in the garage and they’re very skiddish so I hope these photos will do. I couldn’t get them standing because they are always on the move or laying down. I will have to try to upload photos when I’m somewhere that has internet better than I do. That’s the one drawback of living in the boondocks. 😂

I think mine were 3 weeks old when they started? But, as someone told me, the early fast growth may mean girl in Polish! My biggest and most curious chick early on is in fact a really sweet girl. The boys are now huge and the girls slowed down. If you post some pics of them we can try to help with gender :).
7A9BFA39-159C-46F5-A5EB-6C1422522A8D.jpeg

Woohoo!! Finally! You can see them in the back there. Of course since then they’ve developed even more.

Got in some snuggle time with Ms Josephine and Spider. I think Spider is going to be my rooster I keep, and Josephine and Lola will be my pullet keepers. They are sweet birds and have good coloring and size. My other nice looking boy is kind of a butt and I already have too many boys so I need easy going if I’m gonna keep roos. My third boy is slow growing and super timid, and I’m thinking may have some growth issues…so I may sell him to someone looking for a sweet boy that’s not breeding material but still not dinner. He’s a really sweet boy though so I don’t know, I may keep him too 🤪 I have a soft spot for the boys! 😵‍💫

Attachments

• 01904771-0F42-4DCA-8BDE-38AB4F607E88.jpeg
    01904771-0F42-4DCA-8BDE-38AB4F607E88.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 0C461302-E461-4B29-8254-0F293E75BB83.jpeg
    0C461302-E461-4B29-8254-0F293E75BB83.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Got in some snuggle time with Ms Josephine and Spider. I think Spider is going to be my rooster I keep, and Josephine and Lola will be my pullet keepers. They are sweet birds and have good coloring and size. My other nice looking boy is kind of a butt and I already have too many boys so I need easy going if I’m gonna keep roos. My third boy is slow growing and super timid, and I’m thinking may have some growth issues…so I may sell him to someone looking for a sweet boy that’s not breeding material but still not dinner. He’s a really sweet boy though so I don’t know, I may keep him too 🤪 I have a soft spot for the boys! 😵‍💫
They’re such gorgeous colours! Keep them allllllll 🤪

Back
Top Bottom