• they are my life

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • love them

Votes: 75 38.9%

• Total voters
Pics
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0139BqgD4Acb6Q8ws_XqAbw-Q
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ffqyJGeEsQlvorANr6xnX6xw

I hope you can open these and see them. If not I’ll try another way. They change so quickly but this was yesterday.
I would tentatively say pullets :) it’s really tough getting good pictures of constantly moving chickens 😆 watch for the feathers to keep curving back in a nice poof…if the feathers start going all over…then it is probably a boy.

I would tentatively say pullets :) it’s really tough getting good pictures of constantly moving chickens 😆 watch for the feathers to keep curving back in a nice poof…if the feathers start going all over…then it is probably a boy.
Sweet! Then the only ones left that could possibly be cockerels would be my two silkies. Time will tell! Thanks for your observations!

Well I’m not sure why but my 12 week old pullet Sally died in my arms tonight. She seemed a bit lighter than usual a couple days ago but otherwise active and friendly. Today she was notably weak, barely had any weight to her, and the others were picking on her. I’m feeling so sad and awful I didn’t notice sooner 😢 I have a lot of chicken stuff going on plus kids and sports and work and crap and I just hadn’t been outside enough to notice behavior concerns :-( She was such a sweet girl and I’m wondering if her gentleness made it easy for the others to bully her away from the feeders…4 of them are big and healthy and she and one of the boys were just gentle and meek and weren’t growing as well :-( I suppose in the long run the better genetics survived but I’m heartbroken tonight and wishing I could turn the clock back a week or more.

R.I.P. Sally, I loved you so 😢
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. :hugs :hugs

Got in some snuggle time with Ms Josephine and Spider. I think Spider is going to be my rooster I keep, and Josephine and Lola will be my pullet keepers. They are sweet birds and have good coloring and size. My other nice looking boy is kind of a butt and I already have too many boys so I need easy going if I’m gonna keep roos. My third boy is slow growing and super timid, and I’m thinking may have some growth issues…so I may sell him to someone looking for a sweet boy that’s not breeding material but still not dinner. He’s a really sweet boy though so I don’t know, I may keep him too 🤪 I have a soft spot for the boys! 😵‍💫
Super adorable. I just love the coloring! 🥰

Well I have a confusing Polish boy and I’m not sure what to do about him! So his name is Macky and he’s 13 weeks old and part of my 6 Tolbunts group. I gave him and his brother to my broody silkies, and kept the three girls and the tweener that ended up a boy…inside with me. This is relevant to mention so that you know there isn’t likely an outside factor to his issues.

So Macky was growing fine like all the others, was healthy, ate, drank, explored with the silkies and his brother…up until week 8. Around week 8 I noticed that he was way behind in feathering and seemed sort of isolated. He would chicken…just usually on his own away from most of the group. I have watched him eat, drink and poop, and everything seems normal! Except he’s not normal. At 13 weeks he lays around a lot, walks like he isn’t very strong and balanced, and spends a lot of time alone. I have upped his protein, I have wormed him, I have given him vitamins B and E and let him get sun for some Vitamin D. He’s not deathly skinny like his sister that died (she was an indoor chick) but very small compared to his brother (see picture) that lived outside with him. His eyes are clear, he squawks when unhappy, and eats and drinks. It just seems like he’s on deaths door and every day is the same. He will sit in your lap, you can carry him around with one hand, and doesn’t seem to have interest in anything! Anyone had a case similar? I don’t know what else to do for him cuz he’s not sick 🤷🏼‍♀️ He’s a weird little bird and I just don’t know what to do with him! 🫣

Attachments

• 4AAEFAC7-1467-4B58-BC19-93D4E56C57AA.jpeg
    4AAEFAC7-1467-4B58-BC19-93D4E56C57AA.jpeg
    591.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 6BCCE4ED-8850-411E-B047-F338DB6B4F82.jpeg
    6BCCE4ED-8850-411E-B047-F338DB6B4F82.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 2
I also love polish so much. I currently don’t have any but I do have two silkies and I just love them so much. Next on my list to get to add to my flock are some polish and some Cochins. I think polish hens are just beautiful!!
:welcome:woot:wee
I highly recommend Polish! They are sweet, quirky little weirdo birds and so beautiful 😍 I’m partial to tolbunts, but I also just love the all whites and the candy corn colors too! You really can’t go wrong! You should come join the Silkie thread too!

Back
Top Bottom