• OBVIOUSLY

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • they are my life

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • love them

Votes: 75 38.9%

• Total voters
Pics
Ohhh, if they are really small still I would recommend some more look but can't touch time. I try not to put babies out with the roosters until they are big enough to handle themselves...or they have a momma hen that will protect them. Even the nicest roosters can be big old buttheads to small chicks, especially super timid breeds like Polish and Silkies!
They are paired with two silkies that hatched from a momma hen but the hen didn’t want them. The only rooster that doesnt mind chicks and other roosters they are just comfy with him. He doesn’t peck any chicks either

Should she be Phyllis or Ethel???

505B81CA-1EB8-4CBE-9029-313B43D44DDA.jpeg

Hello!! I absolutley LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Polish chickens!! They are my life!!! I have two. One is named Harry and the other Cow Bunting! They are boths so cute! For now on I will be following this thread!

I would tentatively say pullets :) it’s really tough getting good pictures of constantly moving chickens 😆 watch for the feathers to keep curving back in a nice poof…if the feathers start going all over…then it is probably a boy.
Update : They are now 7 weeks old. I just noticed yesterday that one has wattles and a thicker comb. The other one has a poofier crest but no wattles or pronounced comb. Could my wattles one be a roo? You can see both of them in this photo. They always have their heads to the ground so it’s hard to get a good photo.

Attachments

• F54D6C8E-A7AA-4BF4-9108-E7328CAE7F3D.jpeg
    F54D6C8E-A7AA-4BF4-9108-E7328CAE7F3D.jpeg
    929.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 077F4F7C-AC4E-4A5C-8A4C-81BFAB50C3ED.jpeg
    077F4F7C-AC4E-4A5C-8A4C-81BFAB50C3ED.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 4
Update : They are now 7 weeks old. I just noticed yesterday that one has wattles and a thicker comb. The other one has a poofier crest but no wattles or pronounced comb. Could my wattles one be a roo? You can see both of them in this photo. They always have their heads to the ground so it’s hard to get a good photo.
Yeah the one with the wattles is likely a boy if they are only 7 weeks old! That’s a very tidy hairdo tho! 😮

Back
Top Bottom