• OBVIOUSLY

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • they are my life

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • love them

Votes: 75 38.9%

• Total voters
Pics
Can I join in? My Phyllis is just finishing her molt at we have 2 little candy corn polish growing up to be her friend.

Here is Phyllis pre molt
View attachment 2837132

And newbies the day we got themView attachment 2837131
Oh wow!! They are all so beautiful! I also have a wcb polish (the one posted earlier with the dog), and i love your candy corn! Did you find them local to you, or were you able to order them?

Oh wow!! They are all so beautiful! I also have a wcb polish (the one posted earlier with the dog), and i love your candy corn! Did you find them local to you, or were you able to order them?
A freind of mine from BYC, @RoyalChick found the candy corn for me at a breeder in North NJ. Here they are today as they are getting their first feathers.

20210916_191503.jpg
20210916_191406.jpg

A freind of mine from BYC, @RoyalChick found the candy corn for me at a breeder in North NJ. Here they are today as they are getting their first feathers.

View attachment 2837239View attachment 2837240
Ok they are just too cute.. i might have to get on a breeder hunt to find them too.

In my unsolicited and single flock of chicks experience, your big haired chick is female, and the other is male. I tried not to post this, really, but i couldn't help myself.

Ok they are just too cute.. i might have to get on a breeder hunt to find them too.

In my unsolicited and single flock of chicks experience, your big haired chick is female, and the other is male. I tried not to post this, really, but i couldn't help myself.
You are not the first to suggest such a thing. Supposedly they are auto sexed at birth and what you suggest should not be possible. It does not have the carriage of a male.

You are not the first to suggest such a thing. Supposedly they are auto sexed at birth and what you suggest should not be possible. It does not have the carriage of a male.
Very interesting!! Well this would be good to know for future chick picking.. but isn't candy corn from the same genetic coloring mix of tolbunt, just the crele vs mottled? There are roosters with that coloring.. 🤔

My polish are the funniest. They are about 4 months. I don't have a good picture of my girl doing it, but every evening when I go out - she follows me around, pecks at my leg, and jumps on my back while I'm doing chores. Then she expects me to hand feed her. So, last night, she perched on my arm while eating out of my hand. My ring camera didn't pick any of that up. :mad:
However, when I let my naughty drakes out, my cockerel pecked me on the head. 😁 I could see on the video that as soon as he did it, he jumped up like "whoa, I'm in trouble now." 🤣

Attachments

• 1632318110997.jpg
    1632318110997.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom