The Pet Pigeon Thread

Thanks guys, sounds like you have lovely pigeons! What kind of layer pellets do you give? I have been trying to find something with good high protein, but any high protein bird seed is really expensive.
hmm.png

I can't wait to see more pics!

You don't need a high protein pellet. Pigeons naturally only eat grains.... too much protein can be harmful to them.

Just feed a standard chicken layer pellet... together with some mixed grains.

I currently have thirty three roller pigeons, most good performance type Birmingham rollers, half are larger type al so showier rollers.t hey roll about fifty feet. I am currently feeding layer and corn, but usually feed the fliers wild bird seed mix n good multi scratch grains. They get greens berries fruit nuts seeds insects n bread, both as treats and as playing around out n about. I don't remember what original team I haves name is, but haven't named rest. I had a lot more breeds, white homers n show extremely fancy types, but wild birds got in big pens n made them all sick n die, leaving the performance birds that were separated. They live on and next to my back porch against place. They don't need much room as let out daily in evening before feeding to forage perform and torment types varying of many hawks falcons eagles vultures, which used to pick off show birds here n lesser quality roller family lines had before.

Last edited:
Beautiful pigeons everyone.

Few months ago,I ended up with an Indian Fantail pair, long story short, they were not the mini Indians as they were advertised. Add the male has a umbrella tail... so I can't show him.
He is looking for a pet home.

Anyway...

Indian Fantail club Pres found me, and I got in touch with a judge that had a very nice pair of mini Indian Fantails for sale so I bought those.

Have 1 pair of Creme Lucernes in the mail as I type.

Mini Indian Fantail pair

Few months ago,I ended up with an Indian Fantail pair, long story short, they were not the mini Indians as they were advertised. Add the male has a umbrella tail... so I can't show him.

Anyway...

Indian Fantail club Pres found me, and I got in touch with a judge that had a very nice pair of mini Indian Fantails for sale so I bought those.

Mini Indian Fantail pair

Wow, they are gorgous! I love Fantails.
big_smile.png

I currently have thirty three roller pigeons, most good performance type Birmingham rollers, half are larger type al so showier rollers.t hey roll about fifty feet. I am currently feeding layer and corn, but usually feed the fliers wild bird seed mix n good multi scratch grains. They get greens berries fruit nuts seeds insects n bread, both as treats and as playing around out n about. I don't remember what original team I haves name is, but haven't named rest. I had a lot more breeds, white homers n show extremely fancy types, but wild birds got in big pens n made them all sick n die, leaving the performance birds that were separated. They live on and next to my back porch against place. They don't need much room as let out daily in evening before feeding to forage perform and torment types varying of many hawks falcons eagles vultures, which used to pick off show birds here n lesser quality roller family lines had before.
Sounds like a great flock! So they are good at escaping birds of prey?

Anyway...

Mini Indian Fantail pair

Absolutely GORGEOUS pigeons! I love the fantails! Where are you located? Is the red and white one in the last picture the one you are looking to re-home?

Back
Top Bottom