The Pet Pigeon Thread

Sounds like a great flock! So they are good at escaping birds of prey?

Absolutely GORGEOUS pigeons! I love the fantails! Where are you located? Is the red and white one in the last picture the one you are looking to re-home?

Thank you. :)

OH, NO,,, These ones are not the ones I want to rehome. These are the really good Mini's I bought from a judge. They will be staying here. ;)

The male below is the one I need to rehome. He has umbrella tail. He is a normal sized Indian. He does have a nice body, a good wrap... but you can see the issue.

Wow, they are gorgous! I love Fantails.
big_smile.png

Thank you! Am enjoying them a lot.

Thank you. :)

OH, NO,,, These ones are not the ones I want to rehome. These are the really good Mini's I bought from a judge. They will be staying here. ;)

The male below is the one I need to rehome. He has umbrella tail. He is a normal sized Indian. He does have a nice body, a good wrap... but you can see the issue.

Ohhh okay. I wondered why you would sell such a beauty!
big_smile.png
He is beautiful as well! Is that a genetic defect or from something else?

Ohhh okay. I wondered why you would sell such a beauty!
big_smile.png
He is beautiful as well! Is that a genetic defect or from something else?

As per another master breeder I talked too. That male has Umbrella tail because his back it too short. You could fix this in his offspring if you use a long backed hen and culled any squeak with a short back.
I have zero interest raising the normal sized ones. Hence the Umbrella tail male looking for a new home.

As per another master breeder I talked too. That male has Umbrella tail because his back it too short. You could fix this in his offspring if you use a long backed hen and culled any squeak with a short back.
I have zero interest raising the normal sized ones. Hence the Umbrella tail male looking for a new home.
Oh okay. I've seen a couple mini ones, but never had any. Sometime I would like to get some!

My Creme Lucernes came in. Look happy and healthy.

They look amazing! I love their color, its Ash Yellow Bar right?

Oh okay. I've seen a couple mini ones, but never had any. Sometime I would like to get some!

They look amazing! I love their color, its Ash Yellow Bar right?

I think... cream yellow bar, is what the breeder called them.... but I am still learning pigeon colors. Found this page which is helping me.

On this page like you said, they would be dilute ash yellow bar.

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/pigeons/dilute/

When you want mini Indians let me know. I now know which breeders are the good ones and there are not that many.

Last edited:
I think... cream yellow bar, is what the breeder called them.... but I am still learning pigeon colors. Found this page which is helping me.

On this page like you said, they would be dilute ash yellow bar.

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/pigeons/dilute/

When you want mini Indians let me know. I now know which breeders are the good ones and there are not that many.
That's the breed name I believe. Okay, thank you! Are you going to be breeding them?

Back
Top Bottom