The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Pics
I'd prefer not to tell.
smile.png

Look at these three girls we got from Debi @PetRock . They are the sweetest babies, they still aren't comfortable going up the ladder to get in the coop at night (we're working on changing the inclination of the ladder) So every night I take them off the roost to put them in the coop and they just cuddle right up to me. Two are very smart (for chickens) one is a little slow but that just adds to her charm

I think your 3 girls look great. Please post pictures of them when they are older. My 2 girls from Debi @PetRock have changed so much in just over 4 mos. Congrats on your 3!

These are very beautiful birds. I wish you all well in your endeavors at breeding them and getting more imported to the US to increase tge bloodlines.

I love mottled chickens. I'm working on a Calico ( multi colored) Naked Neck. Hopping to have some ready by the spring. I'm basingine on the Aloha Chicken ( check put the thread on them) plus a mottled partridge colored hen I have here and a red mottled rooster I picked up.

I read thru several pages but not all 28. I'll go back from time to time and read them.

tongue.png
I thought so! what places are they avalible?
Most of the breeders here in the USA are in California. There are breeding flocks in Woodland, Brentwood, Madera, and Tahoe. Where else, guys? It is early and I'm sure that I am missing some. We do have one member of this thread with a trio of Pita Pintas in GA. I also sent hatching eggs to a breeder in MO but I don't know if he decided to breed them or not.

Laurieks purchased her very own flock of Pita Pinta today! She now is the proud owner of 1 of Zorro's sons, 4 of Zorro's daughters, 1 of Don Juan's sons, and 1 of Don Juan's daughters! Whoo hoo!!! It is exciting to have another person who is going to be breeding this fantastic breed!

Laurieks purchased her very own flock of Pita Pinta today! She now is the proud owner of 1 of Zorro's sons, 4 of Zorro's daughters, 1 of Don Juan's sons, and 1 of Don Juan's daughters! Whoo hoo!!! It is exciting to have another person who is going to be breeding this fantastic breed!
Yeah

Im hoping to start hatching Pita chicks early next year

Hi All,

I haven't been on here for a very long time, and just wanted to stop by to say hi! It is such a pleasure to see all of these people with Pita Pintas!! And I'm so glad that everyone enjoys the breed as much us I do. We are now chicken-less since we had to move to SoCal. Beach towns don't look kindly on chickens. I miss them so much but hope to get some in the next few years when we are able to buy a farm down here. Just wanted to say hi. I hope everyone is well!

Love,
Meg

Hi All,

I haven't been on here for a very long time, and just wanted to stop by to say hi! It is such a pleasure to see all of these people with Pita Pintas!! And I'm so glad that everyone enjoys the breed as much us I do. We are now chicken-less since we had to move to SoCal. Beach towns don't look kindly on chickens. I miss them so much but hope to get some in the next few years when we are able to buy a farm down here. Just wanted to say hi. I hope everyone is well!

Love,
Meg
wee.gif

It is so good to hear form you!

Question, Do you remember the name of the breeder you got the pita pinta eggs from?

Also, on another thread a poultry judge said he thought our Pita Pintas were a recreation. I thought they were saved along with the Penedesenca, Basque hen and etc. in the early 80's as a part of the Spanish Conservatory. Do you know about that?

Back
Top Bottom