The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Have always had good results from Brice and his eggs. Several varieties.
Thanks everyone, appreciate the kind words. Just wanted to let you all know that we have plenty of PP hatching eggs right now at Sunbird Farms if anyone needs any. Just shipped some to @rnott1 this week. Have a good one everybody! -Brice

Thanks everyone, appreciate the kind words. Just wanted to let you all know that we have plenty of PP hatching eggs right now at Sunbird Farms if anyone needs any. Just shipped some to @rnott1 this week. Have a good one everybody! -Brice
The eggs were delivered yesterday and they are in good shape!

I did not find any detached air cells and only one that might be saddled.

They are in the incubator this morning. I will post updates when I candle.

PP Hatched 2.2.22.jpg

None of the remaining five hatched, but we've got three healthy chicks. Mama's doing a fantastic job. One of the chicks jumps on her back and just hangs out until he/she falls off. It's so darn cute!

@ronott1 how are your eggs doing?

I just had another PP hen go broody Tuesday. Will be picking up more eggs on Sunday.

Just curious - we have 20 other hens (SLW, RIR, Australorpes, BSL, EE). Only one in three years has gone broody. This is the third PP to go broody in two months. Are they more prone to broodiness?

Also these chicks are growing faster than the bunch I incubated last year. Is that because mama has them out foraging in additional to their chick starter?

@ronott1 how are your eggs doing?

I just had another PP hen go broody Tuesday. Will be picking up more eggs on Sunday.

Just curious - we have 20 other hens (SLW, RIR, Australorpes, BSL, EE). Only one in three years has gone broody. This is the third PP to go broody in two months. Are they more prone to broodiness?

Also these chicks are growing faster than the bunch I incubated last year. Is that because mama has them out foraging in additional to their chick starter?
Mine did not go broody but they are not the same as the ones from Greenfire farms

The roosters were all but one friendly

Back
Top Bottom