The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the proverbial bowl shape on this guy? If you go by the outline of the feathers he is "V" shaped instead of "U" shaped. Does his lower breast fill in with age or am I not seeing this properly. Trying to learn this type, thank you for your patience.

Mark
Mark

You are right....BUT, take into consideration he is just a "teenager" at 29 weeks old (just over 6 months)....all his energy thus far has gone into building that "frame"....over the next 4-6 months we should see him putting on weight and filling out that front end

You can see the "bowl" well on the underline of this female.

Aoxa's male is far too young. These males take forever. Also neither bird shown, the male or the female are perfect as there is no perfect bird, of course. But……. Mark makes a great point. Underline is so key to building a Rock. It's the ideal, the goal and one which must never be lost in our line of sight.

Keep pushing the feed at him and he'll top 9 lbs. He needs to finish at 9 lbs plus. I'd say he's doing OK on the weight. I'd not worry. I've seen them add 2 full pounds in month 10. Look how much he's grown over the last few weeks, according to your photos.
He sure has. My pullets have as well. They won't come outside because they are wimps. I didn't get any good shots. They aren't much smaller than him

He's gained since 23 weeks for sure.

The Standard calls for a K to be 8lbs and a C to be 9 1/2....so I'd say you're in good shape

images

We're looking for something gravy bowl shaped, not just any bowl.

I think he has really good shape. He will fill out much more. He is only 29 weeks. Takes these guys sometimes close to a year to reach their best.

I think it may be the angle of the last shot, but he does have a better front end. Here is one form 3 weeks ago of him.
Thanks. I can see it better in this picture. And there's the gravy bowl! I have suspected that is came with a spout. My family uses a ladel.LOL.

dHi Wynette! Thank you, yes we love our Schipperkes and they are great family dogs for sure. Ours, and we have a little herd of them, are great with all the livestock, even the chickens. It is unusual that someone knows of one!

I am really enjoying the forums; lots of good information being shared and the pictures are great too. Thank you for the kind welcome!

Could you send/post some pictures of your birds?

Thanks!

Morning, friends!! I don't have current pictures of my SPR, I have been saying for months now that I really do need to get out and get some pics. Here's a pic of some juvenile cockerels I'm growing out - haven't decided who will stay yet. I like to give them a minimum of 8 months before deciding, and these fellas are just over 6 months in this pics (oh, there's a black copper marans in the background). I think I've got 4 or 5 male SPR to evaluate in another month or so.

I have two lines; my original, and a Canadian line. I feel quite blessed to have the two lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom