The "prisoners"

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by annaraven, Oct 8, 2010.

1. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    This morning, the "prisoners" were protesting about their confinement - running their beaks across the wires like inmates beating the cell bars in a prison movie. Mind you, their "run" is larger than some apartments... Anyways, when I got home I let them out for a while, supervised.

Buffy the egg-layer, and her buddies Willow and Stella, were out in the backyard, tearing up the grass and generally having a good time. Ernest, the dog, follows them around to see what they're up to. The girls just walk away from him when they get tired of him sniffing their butts. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rowdy, our tabby cat who has treed raccoons in the past, is more prone to rushing them, causing quite the squacking and flapping of wings, after which he walks away acting all innocent. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a while, Ernest decided it was time to round them up and herd them back into the coop. Free time over. ;-)

2. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    LOL That is too funny!

My dog, Molly, seems to have the need to herd my chooks, but I finally figured out how to teach her when to and when not to! LOL

3. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    [​IMG] Love It!!!! Stella-love that name!!!!! [​IMG]

4. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by