The Quack Shack. Duck house pics!

rubberduckies

Songster
8 Years
Feb 9, 2013
Kentucky
When I was looking for ideas for my duck house there was a lot of chicken coop ideas floating around here but I couldn't find too many duck house ideas, so here you go....

We built this out of free 2x4's and plywood. It's about 6'x3' and about 3' tall. (Roof is angled). The front door is 18"x24". This is for 5 ducks.

This is what we've done so far. We still have to finish the doors, windows, roof, nest boxes, paint, and probably something else I'm forgetting to mention. Lol. I'll keep updating this as I do more. Hope this helps future duck owners. :)

So... I've done some more work on the duck house. I put in some leftover linoleum (it's not pretty but does its job. Lol). I caulked all around the linoleum so poop/moisture doesn't get under it. I added two "vent" windows and covered them in hardware cloth. The roof is removable. It's made from plywood and will be covered with tin soon. I attached the front door with a salvaged hinge and lock thingy. I use a D-ring for the "lock" at night.

Eventually, it will get painted. And the back wall will be two huge doors so it will be easy to clean. But I had to get the ducks outside now so... They're living in it but its still a work in progress. They have a heat lamp in the house at night because they're only 6 weeks old. And I wanted them to get used to the nest boxes even though they won't be laying for a while so I went ahead and added those. I'll probably switch out those baskets for something better and add hay, but this is how it is for now. Here are some pics...

From the inside, looking out the front door.

The front door (closed)..

From the top (with nest boxes, decoy eggs, and bedding)...

This is what it looks like so far (that pen they have is attached to the house but is not permanent. I'm making them something a lot larger with a pool. You can see my bloodhound at the fence watching over them. Lol. And I have a compost bin for their poop/bedding just to the right of this pic)

And, just for fun, a pic of my duckies...

That's awesome.
My ducks are almost 6 weeks old too and I still have to build them a house. Thanks for posting.
Your ducks are so cute. What kind are they?

Cute ducks and nice house-however what I couldn't take my eyes off of is the wonderful green grass! We still have over a foot of crusty icy snow on the ground, as I type this it's beginning to climb above 20 degrees.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom