The Quacki Campbell Thread

How's everyone's quackers doing?
Mine are growing like crazy! They almost got half their feathers in now. :D

Anyone know when I'll be able to tell the difference between males and females? :confused:

My oldest ones hatched on August 5th and my youngest ones hatched on August 12th.
Therefore my oldest ones turned 5 weeks old today and my youngest ones turned 4 weeks old today.

How's everyone's quackers doing?
Mine are growing like crazy! They almost got half their feathers in now. :D

Anyone know when I'll be able to tell the difference between males and females? :confused:

My oldest ones hatched on August 5th and my youngest ones hatched on August 12th.
Therefore my oldest ones turned 5 weeks old today and my youngest ones turned 4 weeks old today.
Sometimes you can tell at two or three weeks. The hens will give a few honks instead of peeps. It’s always hard to tell which one if your hearing is bad like mine.It is time for updated pics"...........hint hint

Sometimes you can tell at two or three weeks. The hens will give a few honks instead of peeps. It’s always hard to tell which one if your hearing is bad like mine.It is time for updated pics"...........hint hint
Yeah, I agree, it's hard to tell which ones are making which sounds.
Some of mine are starting to make quacking sounds. Do you think those ones would be girls or boys?
I thought I might have read somewhere that their bills turn different colors after they reach a certain age. Is that true for KCs?

Mine were about 15 weeks before they finally got their true colors in.
Ooooh, that's very nice! I was thinking it might take up to a year.
That should work out good for me because right around the time I'll be wanting to cull the extra drakelets, is when I should be able to tell the difference between them.
Thanks Kayla!

E4CE6241-A581-49BF-AE11-FEDFBBD3BD2F.jpeg
A2B1611A-0F8F-4C91-A48E-25CE71662A22.jpeg
CD959035-995B-4DDD-B95B-73B6357A4D9C.jpeg
We picked up our first ducklings the beginning of May this year. 3 KC & 2 mixed breeds. I was not prepared for all the cuteness, or poop, but now I cannot imagine life without ducks. My biggest fear was that we would end up with lots of drakes & have to rehome them after falling in love with them. Imagine our joy when we started hearing quacks. They are now 21 weeks & we have one drake & 4 hens! The last photos are at the beginning of Aug. Basil our drake, Marigold & Fern our KC hens. Our mixed breed hens are Poppy & Petunia. When have your KC hens started laying? We are eagerly waiting for our girls to start.

View attachment 1913223 View attachment 1913226 View attachment 1913227 We picked up our first ducklings the beginning of May this year. 3 KC & 2 mixed breeds. I was not prepared for all the cuteness, or poop, but now I cannot imagine life without ducks. My biggest fear was that we would end up with lots of drakes & have to rehome them after falling in love with them. Imagine our joy when we started hearing quacks. They are now 21 weeks & we have one drake & 4 hens! The last photos are at the beginning of Aug. Basil our drake, Marigold & Fern our KC hens. Our mixed breed hens are Poppy & Petunia. When have your KC hens started laying? We are eagerly waiting for our girls to start.
Those are some very pretty KCs you have! :love
I love the names you picked for them! :)
Mine haven't started laying yet, they just hatched last August, but I read they're supposed to start laying at 5-7 months old.

Back
Top Bottom