The REPORT button

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by kstaven, Aug 5, 2008.

1. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    For those of you new and not so new to the forum. PLEASE take note of the report button on the bottom right of every post.

If there is a problem with the post, wrong section, rules broken, do not respond on the thread. Just hit the report button and add a reason in the box that appears. In this way all the moderators are informed of a problem at the same time.

PM's to a moderator do not get quick action for the most part because it can be many hours before that moderator is back online or they are filtering through dozens of other PM's. As the moderators usually respond to a problem only after discussion it takes far more time to forward and be able to review information if the REPORT function is not utilized.

By making use of this feature we can keep this forum family friendly and organized.

Thank you

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Thanks, I didnt even know there was such a thing till recently.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Good idea! [​IMG]

4. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Thanks, that's important to know! I agree that if you're bothered by the post you shouldn't even respond (just makes things heat up more)

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, thanks, never even noticed that button. Wish i would have known this after reading a post about . . . oh, never mind.

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

But it is SO HARD to hit the report button while trying to sit on your hands to refrain from typing. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. fivebigreds

fivebigreds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    middle Tennessee
    The black color of the report button makes it look like it's not a working link when the working ones are blue. just my 2 cents worth.

8. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

That's true, why not change the color to red.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Had I known there was a report button, I wouldn't have gotten my 'hand slapped' by a mod yesterday.... I agree, change it to red.

10. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Are reports anonymous? (sp)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by