The Rhodebar thread!

Quote: Sally, I "might" have to make a trip to Louisville this fall (middle of Nov).
I'd be glad to hang on to one and bring one that far if you'd really like one.
I should know by the middle of Sept if I'm going to make that trip or not.
I just hate to put em in the freezer since there are so few out there.

Quote: Sally, I "might" have to make a trip to Louisville this fall (middle of Nov).
I'd be glad to hang on to one and bring one that far if you'd really like one.
I should know by the middle of Sept if I'm going to make that trip or not.
I just hate to put em in the freezer since there are so few out there.

I understand the freezer part. As of right now, I won't be making any road trips even to get a wonderful rooster. Although I do have family in KY so I will talk it over with DH.

Not all Rhodebars where created with the Brussbar... The Redbars or Rhodebars created at the University of British Columbia in the late 40's did not use them... two strains were created in the UK one did, the other did not... the Brown Sussex used to make the Brussbar is was a rare bird even in the UK....

http://www.harislau.info/rhodebar

Keith
SC
USA

Hi hope you are doing great.. at this point I would keep the male in the top pic...

Keith
SC
USA
Keith,
I'm curious for your reasoning... not questioning at all, just trying to learn.
One thing that is not obvious from the pics is that both of these boys are really about the same size.
The pics make them look different in size, but they are not.
Also... both will be double barred... and both were easily sexed at birth.
I'd love a "good and bad points" about each one... I have my own opinion, but would love other opinions.

I let Rhodie and my Red cockerel out to free range yesterday. Here is an updated pic of Rhodie at about 6 months old. Sorry it's not the best pic but all I had was my cell phone camera.

Penny

Back
Top Bottom