The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
@qball53...They didn't say anything about putting in extras...I would think they would tell me if they did....They were suppose to be all Rhodebar!!...
hu.gif

Hey, Papa Brooder.........Hope you have many,many more eggs....................
celebrate.gif

@qball53...They didn't say anything about putting in extras...I would think they would tell me if they did....They were suppose to be all Rhodebar!!...
hu.gif

celebrate.gif
well another one today, significantly larger which i promptly dropped and cracked. cracked a jubilee orp egg today too. not my day for collecting eggs!

I sent them a pic with the last e-mail and they told me I had a nice looking rhodebar rooster and that the hen did have cream legbar..She's produced 4 bluegreen eggs in a row...might go ahead and put a few in the bator, just to see what pop's out
jumpy.gif
I've got a couple of good looking RIR, may let the rooster mate with them...some extra eggs to place in the bator with the bluegreen eggs!!!..........
idunno.gif

If she is a mix theoretically she should still produce sex linked offspring. The males will be paler in color with a spot on their heads and the females will be darker and chipmunk patterned. Theoretically.

You can make more Rhodebars by using your RIR. Cross your Rhodebar rooster to RIR hens, keep all the pullets that hatch, cull the cockerels. Breed these pullets back to the pure Rhodebar rooster, the resulting offspring will then be all pure Rhodebars.

Did Greenfire offer to send you a replacement hen?

hu.gif

celebrate.gif
They didn't tell us they sent extras .... we counted the lot and there were several extras each time.

@ Jeremy No they have not offer anything and have not replied since my last e-mail it's been 4 days now.....
somad.gif

I have already set the RIR hens in with the rooster, I'll wait a few weeks before I put any eggs in the bator....I will be putting the other hen eggs into the bator when I do the RIR eggs. Just want to see what jumps out....
jumpy.gif

Stopped by your web site..
celebrate.gif
Nice looking BBS, I just hatched out 7 out of 9 (1 bad egg) American bbs about 4 weeks ago and 5 out of12 100% English ...3 weeks ago( The first time I have raised these type of Orpingtons) They are really at the ugly stage right now...lol
Don't know what I have for sure yet!!!

@ Jeremy No they have not offer anything and have not replied since my last e-mail it's been 4 days now.....
somad.gif

I have already set the RIR hens in with the rooster, I'll wait a few weeks before I put any eggs in the bator....I will be putting the other hen eggs into the bator when I do the RIR eggs. Just want to see what jumps out....
jumpy.gif

Stopped by your web site..
celebrate.gif
Nice looking BBS, I just hatched out 7 out of 9 (1 bad egg) American bbs about 4 weeks ago and 5 out of12 100% English ...3 weeks ago( The first time I have raised these type of Orpingtons) They are really at the ugly stage right now...lol
Don't know what I have for sure yet!!!
I would politely ask for a replacement hen of the same age. no reason why they shouldn't say yes. again, they are usually very accomodating.

Ok, gonna need some feedback. today is the day. I've got my rhodebars free ranging. they have started to lay so I'm gonna need some input on my boys and girls as I am trying to choose my first combinations. I've got the boys banded so we may start with them. I didn't get the girls banded as for now pretty much all but one will make it into the group for eggs that I want to hatch. so, hope by this evening there will be some photos. :)

Alright, here are some pics of the boys although two managed to escape a good photo:

So, this is roo number 4:

then we have roo #3, with #2 in immediate background and stubborn #1 in far background (he's older by a few weeks than the others)

roo #3 again

roo #2 with #1 in the background

my favorite pullet thus far

roo #4 again

another pullet

another pullet

would love to get some feedback on the roos and which qualities you like and don't like, which ones you would like for breeding, etc. I will capture missing roo #5 tomorrow and some better pics of roo #1. Also hope to band the pullets and shoot pics of all of them as well.

Back
Top Bottom