The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
The chicks 24 hrs later.........The dark became even darker..lol

The lighter one got lighter.........

you have to let their down dry before posting pics ok, if you dont I run the risk of looking like a clown..
lol.png

the first one could have 4 genotypes, from most likely to least, 1st is a Barred Female, 2nd is a heterozygous barred male, 3rd a none barred male 4th a none barred female..

the second chick look wheaten to me.. but we need more pics of him, Homozygous Barred males just dont look wheaten

Still looking good and easily identifiable so liking that. These are from my second hatch. i forgot to take pics of the last hatch when I was in the barn. I'll try to post some of the 1 1/2 week olds. i got 2 females and 3 males on this hatch. I think there are 8 eggs in this weekends hatch. I'm getting excited to see these guys grow up! Hurry already! :)

Still looking good and easily identifiable so liking that. These are from my second hatch. i forgot to take pics of the last hatch when I was in the barn. I'll try to post some of the 1 1/2 week olds. i got 2 females and 3 males on this hatch. I think there are 8 eggs in this weekends hatch. I'm getting excited to see these guys grow up! Hurry already! :)
the light colored chick that is believed to be a male looks nothing like yours, to say he is based on the same genetic make up is just plain wrong..

thanks for the pics, your birds are proof one can have a barred hen without a headspot(something the legbar guys are fighting with)

Last edited:
gotcha. thanks. I've definitely been glad they came out as expected with all the other random things that have come up on this thread!! :) Excited to see these grow out.
concidere yourself lucky, the Legbar guys are having issues with Dark Males and Females with a clear headspot, talk about not been able to sex them as good as your own Rhodebar chicks

Back
Top Bottom