The Rhodesian Ridgebacks struck again!

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
This time they didn't get any of my animals. They attacked another neighbor's dog. The owner of the victim dog was taking him for a walk. When she got to the end of her driveway, she saw the RR's and turned to get her dog back to the house. They weren't fast enough. The RR's barreled right up her drive and attacked her dog. There are now 3 ridgebacks. Last year there were only 2. The last thing those people needed was another dog! The owner of the RR's just stood there in his yard and watched while this woman tried to get these dogs apart. What a man, huh? The victim dog is a lab or lab cross (at least that's what he looks like) and weighs about 120 pounds. His size is the only thing that saved him. The lab managed to grab the most aggressive dog's neck and pin him while the other 2 continued to attack him. The dog survived, but suffered lacerations. The poor thing. He is normally just a big lazy lug. He was fighting for his life and to protect his master. He was taken to the vet. He will survive. The Sheriff's office is involved. I hope that this time the dogs are put down. The woman;s adult son came and told me about it last night. He and his 5 year old child live there too. I thank God that the child wasn't out alone playing with the dog when the attack happened. If a child had tried to save the dog and break up the fight, I'm sure it would have ended tragically.

For anybody that isn't familiar with the problems I had last year with these dogs, here are some links.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=99139

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128754

If anybody wants to cry for these dogs because it's not their fault, please remember that their lives are not any more valuable than the pets belonging to other people that they have injured or killed. It is their owners' fault that they are mentally defective and vicious dogs, but the damage is done. They aren't safe. I hope that they are humanely destroyed and that the owners are serverely punished. It's too bad that we can't euthanise the owners.

Last edited:
Jody, you know how I feel about this. ........... and let god sort them out.

another couple of days I'll be prowling and growling around the property again. Lately we've had coy/dogs that are getting bolder and bolder. the red chow at the end of the road is still apparently breeding with the population. I've seen a pack running around the fields. If it wasn't almost bow season I'd have my rife out. As it is, during bow season in michigan no rifles are allowed...... for anything
sad.png

UHHHGG! Sometimes I hate people. WHY in the world do they own animals if they arent going to care and contain them properly. I feel for the owner and the dog who were attacked. Had the same thing happen to us but was in my home and the dog broke through the screen door to attack our dog. I tell ya people sometimes.........

Quote:
They keep them for breeding and sell the puppies for high dollar. People in nearby Omaha, Nebraska and Council Bluffs, Iowa can't get pitbulls anymore because the tight restrictions and breed bans. Places with anti-pitbull laws make great sales areas for people like them.

Is Nebraska lawless! This is insanity. These dogs have attacked before and they are still allowed to live with the lug? A 5 year old child lives in the neighborhood? I'd be just crazy and I am. It's time for the black sweatsuit and cammo makeup. Let your immagination figure out the rest.

google Animal Legal and Historical Center. Click on State Dog Laws (consolidated) then on NE and you will be able to read what the laws are.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom