The RIDE IS OVER...UPDATE post #172 + 195!!!! < GREAT news

Whoa!!!! There has got to be something that you and Skand can do to fight back ......think long and hard about it......boy you have given me a fright!......If you do decide to leave there has got to be a way that you can take you "feathered family" with you..... a trailer?
Get more legal advice before you jump out of Texas, Jim......
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about this!

I do some dog rescue and we do "rescue trains" all over the US to bring dogs to other
states. Basically people volunteer to transport animals for a certain "leg" of the distance.
It might be an hour or it may be 2 hours or more. Then you meet with the person for the next leg at a rest stop or parking lot, transfer the animals to their vehicle and go the next stop. With all the members in BYC I'm sure we could put together a "train" to get your chickens to someone that can keep them until you get settled and then "train" them to you when you are ready. Or if you take them with you even places for you to stop along the way on your drive for "chicken friendly accomodations" It sucks that you may have to
give them up after all your work with them. You have to do what's best for you and your family as far as the house goes... but let your BYC friends help you keep your chickens!

Nancy

Collect all the eggs you can and either take them with you or mail them ahead of you to a member up that way. Someone could start incubating your new flock for you now. If I can hold any here for you I'd be happy to also. I can add pens and such, it's a rougher living than there but they'd do ok I think! My birds are very accepting of newbies, they welcome them with open wings!
Kat

i think im thinking of selling my peas,, the $ will help out,, and im gonna be in a big uhaul, towing my van on a trailer,, im thinking of putting some of my favorite chickens in the van?? and then finding someone i can drop them off too,, comes down to like 2 grown chickens,, but the roo is "mean",, well,, if you deal with roo's like me, he aint mean
wink.png
lol, and his wifers, a 2 year old isa brown, and maybe a dozen birds from 3 weeks to 3 months
roll.png

i could do the young ones in a brooder when we get there,, but im not sure the little ones would be warm enough the whole trip...
im thinking we'll be going round the first week of march,,

theres all kinds of legal things i could do, and would win with no problems, in a year or 6
roll.png
, but,, im old,, beat up,, and REALLY afraid it might just send me into one of those "my old ways" of thinking and dealing with things,,, so far my kids think im pretty nice,, but if i did resort back,, im not sure they would
wink.png
, and since my accident, and that big head smack,, i might just do something REALLY stupid,,, well,,, more stupider then i already do
big_smile.png

so just for my stress, well being, and for my kids,, i just rather go and be done with it,,, plus,, its one of those "good life lessons" for the kids,, they could learn alot from it,,,, just wish THEIR life lessons didnt get me involved
roll.png
lol.png
lol.png

I just hope those nasty relatives have to at least pay you back what you have spent on the property and cover your moving expenses. There's at least one in every family, and it sounds like you got quite a few.
rant.gif
They should be happy that the house didn't end up going to the bank and that it is still in the family.

I am so sorry for the mess. I don't blame you for just getting out of it. There is no reason to put your kids thru it. I wish you luck. If you wanted to come to Arkansas I would do what I could to help.

Just know you have a much loving family here at BYC and we will always be there for you.

jackie

Back
Top Bottom