The road less traveled...back to good health! They have lice, mites, scale mites, worms, anemia, gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bee, is there any way to edit the thread title? I need to start on the OT thread, but tbh, I fear my family would not see me for a couple weeks. And then I'd have to catch up on this and the ff thread when I was done... :rolleyes:

The thread started can edit the thread title... You just go edit post 1 and it let's you edit the title.

Not anymore you can't. You used to and maybe you can right after you start it, but I don't see a way of doing that now...no edit button on older posts. I would love to edit this title to reflect their new status but have found that I cannot...could probably do so by help from a mod but it's not that important to me, so I'll give it a pass and a shrug of the shoulders.

I agree as well. I left FB to come to BYC and am very happy here. There are too many clicks on FB that think opposite of what is taught here. And remember, Bee already has a website page that is set up.

And I already couldn't keep up with all the questions I have over there...I have them saved to my email so that I can sit down and go through them but found it impossible...I was getting up to 6 per day there for awhile! Between here and there and everything I do around here, it was just too much worry. So I let it go by the wayside until I feel more motivated.

I rather enjoy the immediacy of this forum...you type something and someone answers almost immediately. I love that! It's like sitting on the front porch, swinging, whittling and talking.....bliss!

Quote:
I am going grey and I'm old enough to be a granny...my sons are all grown and breeding age!
big_smile.png
No polyester but very plain clothing. Old bones ache when it rains and even when it doesn't. I think I could be a granny....
old.gif
lol.png

From one who is lurking and learning and doesn't know enough to post, I would ask you not to take this info to FB. I have learned so much and the info here has pretty much saved my flock. I never would have found it on FB.
Thanks Bee and All.
my 2 cents.
mo
I agree. I can just barely keep up on BYC in a few threads. I am hardly on my own personal FB any longer because this forum is so entertaining, informative, and the nice people here. So many chicken FB pages deteriorate into pictures of eggs or cutesy pictures of chickens in diapers or costumes that members constantly post.

Won't be a problem! Chickens are a bit different and can be line bred just fine without any consequences. Breeders quite often breed sons back to mothers, daughters to fathers, etc. to refine the line. If your rooster is vigorous he should be able to cover 16 hens with no problem...when you consider they only have to be bred once every 30 days(I think that's the number) then he will cycle through those numbers quite easily. I've kept 1 roo for 28-29 hens with no problems with fertility.
Thank you, again, as always, Bee!
I knew I could get the info I needed, here, with a minimum of fuss.
That is the watchword of your threads: Minimum Of Fuss!!!
I will let Maximus Decimus Meridius (my Flock Father) do his job and stay out of the way! He was hatched a year ago February, so I imagine he has plenty of vigor to last quite a long time!
Those cockerals will be called AndDumplings, GarlicRosemary, and BarbieQueue!
(yes...I am a Chicken-Namer
hide.gif
)

Beekissed.....thank you thank you for this thread.

I originally got on this thread because I have a couple hens with pale combs, sneezing, and prolonged molts. This morning they have ACV back in their water and garlic in their morning treats. Don't know why I stopped the ACV....busy work schedule? Lazy? But it's back now and won't ever be gone again. Plus I am going to get my ferment going. The hens get sprouted grains here and there as a treat along with spent brewery grains which are fermented. They LOVE that stuff. So glad for the FF idea...don't know why I hadn't thought of it before. I expect to see improvement shortly!!
I have learned more about chicken husbandry reading this thread than I have in the last two years of online searches. I live in an area that used to be more rural. Sadly now the livestock is mostly gone - replaced by suburbs - and we only have small animal vets that won't look at poultry. People like me with chickens are left to our own devices and what we can learn on the internet. Unfortunately there is a bunch of scary hooey about disease and the necessity of antibiotics on the web. Seriously...chickens are hardy little creatures and just need a healthy environment in which to thrive! I REALLY appreciate the knowledge you are sharing here. Until this thread I found most of my information on animal husbandry on British "small holding" websites because I just couldn't find enough over here! So thank you for sharing!!
I have the link to your website saved by the way and will check it for progress.

Maybe you could just start a thread here called, "Ask Bee"
lau.gif
It could be kinda like a "Miss Manners" for chickens!
Yeah...and I could float into the forum on my huge ego.
roll.png
lol.png
I'm not a know it all, I just know some of the more obscure things that have gotten lost to the minds of man as time goes by. You'll have to get someone with more brains than I to start a chicken advice column...maybe Fred, Walt or Al. Can you imagine an Ask Al thread? One would have to come ready with some salve for their ears so that the blisters could heal quicker!
lau.gif

Thank you, again, as always, Bee!
I knew I could get the info I needed, here, with a minimum of fuss.
That is the watchword of your threads: Minimum Of Fuss!!!
I will let Maximus Decimus Meridius (my Flock Father) do his job and stay out of the way! He was hatched a year ago February, so I imagine he has plenty of vigor to last quite a long time!
Those cockerals will be called AndDumplings, GarlicRosemary, and BarbieQueue!
(yes...I am a Chicken-Namer
hide.gif
)
But at least they are extremely amusing names!
gig.gif
That's much better than Honey Boo Boo...
That COULD be amuzing......especially if somebody asks Bee a serious question about chicken diapers!!
Yeah...I could tell them what to DO with the chicken diapers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom