The SBEL thread

hi! this is a nice little thread. We aquired recently a sbel pullet and cockerel. Seems like everyone has similar legs going on? Our cockerel has white legs and the cheeks, the pullet has slate legs and no cheeks. Can't remember if the pullet has the rosecomb or not, but the roo does. I'm hoping one of the chicks in our barnyard mix is a sbel. she has the slate legs and same coloring as the pullet.

Do you know what breeds were used to make your SBELs?

Is there any suggestions from anyone on the best color of Ameraucana to use of I want to end up with wild type silver sbels? Other than silver ... can't seem to find one of those... hoping I can get silver in the second generation by using black to leghorn cross, then back to black or blue. Any suggestions???

Is there any suggestions from anyone on the best color of Ameraucana to use of I want to end up with wild type silver sbels? Other than silver ... can't seem to find one of those... hoping I can get silver in the second generation by using black to leghorn cross, then back to black or blue. Any suggestions???
Hvae you tried looking for a wildtype EE? I have one and I've seen lots of them on EE threads. Also remember white is very dominant and most of the time the first gen SBELs are white.

Last edited:
Is there any suggestions from  anyone on the best color of Ameraucana to use of I want to end up with wild type silver sbels? Other than silver ... can't seem to find one of those... hoping I can get silver in the second generation by using  black to leghorn cross, then back to black or blue. Any suggestions???

Good luck finding a Silver.

I don't think you càn get Silver or Blue by breeding black to white.If you bred back to black, you would get black and white chicks.

I just orders my first SBEL eggs, what are their temperaments? Does anyone have pictures?
I have yet to hatch some but most sbels are white and resemble leghorns. All birds have their own unique temperament; for example leghorns are considered flighty, but mine allow me to pet them.

Back
Top Bottom