The setting 8/12 raising thread

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JohnCT, Sep 4, 2011.

1. dwegg

dwegg Songster

Quote:Awww [​IMG] I'm envious!! Next I'll want to be buying some silkie eggs to hatch and add to my Polish pen [​IMG]

My four BLRW chicks went out to the chicken house brooder yesterday. I miss having them in the house where I can see them all the time [​IMG] They are happy with the bigger space which makes me feel better [​IMG]

Yes I know what you mean...mine are all down in the walkout basement and I hate that I can't see them all the time...they are getting big now with lots of feathers...I'll have to take some pics today as a lady is coming to get some. I have my new silkies in the brooder with them and they all get along great...

2. dwegg

dwegg Songster

here are my babies today...3 weeks old...with my three new white silkies and my one blue silkie baby...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my baby blue silkie...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is the little guy that was shrink wrapped...still small but doing great...

before...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I sold two blue ameraucanas today for $8 each...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. chickee

chickee Crowing

Everyone's chicks are SO beautiful! [​IMG] I need to get out and take some pictures of mine to post.

4. chickee

chickee Crowing

I just took these pictures of my babies. They are 2 1/2 weeks old. The two yellow chicks may carry the Dun gene (had one in another hatch) and their feathers will eventually come in blue instead of red laced (splash.) The Blue Laced Reds always change so much that it is fun to see what they turn out like [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here are a couple of pullets out of some of the same parents with their adult feathers.
    [​IMG]

5. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Songster

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    OMG the chicks are getting so big and so cute sorry i haven’t posted pics its been busy woke up this morning to chirping the quail decided to hatch a few days early i will try to post some pics in the morning.

6. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    here are my babys at 3 weeks old sorry the pics are fuzzy there from my phone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. chickee

chickee Crowing

Quote:[​IMG] WOW, they are growing fast! They are such a pretty color [​IMG] My Wyandottes are so slow to feather. You wanted some roosters didn't you? I think I see some . . [​IMG]

8. dwegg

dwegg Songster

Quote:Oh I like how they love you...they are sitting on your lap already...mine at least let me pick them up now without running screaming...What breed are they again?

9. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:Oh I like how they love you...they are sitting on your lap already...mine at least let me pick them up now without running screaming...What breed are they again?

they are full Bo and there are some Bo easter egger cross and red sexlink BO crosses

yes i have some boys in there and chickee yours are getting big

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: