The Sizzle Thread!

Oh!!!!! OK. Lol I knew that!! I was curious if there was a way to tell B4 then. Patience is not one of my specialties. Lol But, I guess I'll just have to "suck it up buttercup", as I tell my children.

I understand, I am not that patient either!
From what I have read, you can never be sure until it crows or lays an egg... that's what "they" say! LOL
There is a thread about sexing silkies that might help! I have 5 I hatched from eggs 5 weeks ago and I am dieing to see if I have a rooster!! You can post pictures on the thread about whether it is a rooster or a hen and it is fun to read all of the guesses!
Have fun!
big_smile.png

I understand, I am not that patient either! 
From what I have read, you can never be sure until it crows or lays an egg... that's what "they" say!  LOL

There is a thread about sexing silkies that might help!  I have 5 I hatched from eggs 5 weeks ago and I am dieing to see if I have a rooster!!  You can post pictures on the thread about whether it is a rooster or a hen and it is fun to read all of the guesses!
Have fun!  :D

Mine are only about 3 1/2 weeks old, but I just keep inspecting stuff and like watching their feathering and stuff. Lol I can usually venture a guess. Not with these guys!!!! Lol

Question: how does one end up with frizzled silkies? Is it just something that comes up when breeding sizzles, you get one every once in a while? Or is a combo from breeding a sizzle back to a Silkie?

Question: how does one end up with frizzled silkies? Is it just something that comes up when breeding sizzles, you get one every once in a while? Or is a combo from breeding a sizzle back to a Silkie?
I think the way it works, they breed the Silkie and a Frizzle and get a Sizzle, some can be Smooth Sizzle, meaning they carry the gene for Frizzle but have the feathering of a Silkie. Then you can also get the Frizzled Sizzle with the feathering of a Frizzle, and carry the gene for the Frizzle. I hope I got this right, I remember reading a gene breakdown on here somewhere.....
This is my Frizzled Sizzle Rooster:

He is actually very sweet and soft, and bantam like a Silkie, and the White Silkie with him is not related but were hatched together and get along like "brothers".

Back
Top Bottom