The Sizzle Thread!

Just finished my age 3 weeks "photo shoot"

Ive been calling this one Polly, cause I'm thinking it was a mix up and is actually a frizzled polish. Lol Ive asked the man I got them from and he said he thought he may have accidentally made a mix up in one hatch.

Otherwise, looks like a very mixed selection of frizzled sizzles," frizzled silkie", and smooth sizzles. They are all so cute!!!

Theresa...

I stand corrected......you have done a great job getting to where you are in such a short time.....but I am betting you have a way better understanding of the genetics of how to build a Sizzle than me and 95% of the people out there
bow.gif
......actually what the Sizzle line needs is more people like you!! .....but for someone like me who is looking to do it the easy way...I will

stick to my plan.......and yes I was so lucky to find Sheri.....decided to get a few birds.....looked on craigslist.....found Sheri's add and so begins the journey.

I got a jar of meal worms yesterday,thinking I could start training my babies to come to me when I walk in the pen, they are almost 8 weeks old now. OMG they love those things!! Had them eating out of my hands in less than a minute.....Something I noticed.......I have 4 Sizzles and 2 Silkies....all the Sizzles peck with deadly accuracy while the two Silkies miss the worm most of the time....are my Silkies near sighted !!?....their view dosn't seem to be obstructed by feathers...

Time for happy dance. I finally got my breeding pen/coop set up. It has 2 blue Silkie roos, 2 splash Silkie pullets, 1 black frizzle Silkie and 1 white Sizzle pullet. I figure by the end of April I will hatch some Silkie, frizzle, and sizzle chicks.

Time for happy dance. I finally got my breeding pen/coop set up. It has 2 blue Silkie roos, 2 splash Silkie pullets, 1 black frizzle Silkie and 1 white Sizzle pullet. I figure by the end of April I will hatch some Silkie, frizzle, and sizzle chicks.

Maybe the next time I go to FL on vacation, we can trade! Finding sizzle breeders in KY is very hard to find!
highfive.gif

I too am working a sizzles! So fun!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom