The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
When bred to my Silkie roo or showgirl roo, she has never, ever produced anything but a regular Silkie chick- and she's hatched out a ton. It confuses me, one would think she would pop out the occasional curly frizzly critter!

When bred to my Silkie roo or showgirl roo, she has never, ever produced anything but a regular Silkie chick- and she's hatched out a ton. It confuses me, one would think she would pop out the occasional curly frizzly critter!

With silkied feathers it can sometimes be difficult to see frizzling. Your girl is a very soft frizzle, so her babies will probably be that way too, especially when you put her with Silkies.

*I* would find her a smooth Sizzle roo. Then you'll get some birds with hard feathers that are frizzled, and it'll be much easier to tell on those chicks. You'll also get regular Silkies, smooths and frilkies :)

She is SUPER cute ;)

Thanks for the info! She is by far my favorite chicken- she has so much personality. She is hilarious. She also lives to be broody. I bought eggs from Catdance Silkies this week, and she sent me so many extras I couldn't fit them all in the bator. I was all upset thinking about what to do with these precious eggs, and then Not-Sizzle came to mind. Sure enough, she is loving every minute of sitting on those eggs. Doesn't care a bit that the eggs aren't hers!

Thanks for the info! She is by far my favorite chicken- she has so much personality. She is hilarious. She also lives to be broody. I bought eggs from Catdance Silkies this week, and she sent me so many extras I couldn't fit them all in the bator. I was all upset thinking about what to do with these precious eggs, and then Not-Sizzle came to mind. Sure enough, she is loving every minute of sitting on those eggs. Doesn't care a bit that the eggs aren't hers!

Your hen is a Sizzle ;) Silkies, smooths and frilkies are all the product of a Sizzle project at some point. Everyone is just aiming for hard feathers.
Ah, Catdance eggs- you lucky ducky! If I didn't live so far away from her, I'd so get some for myself :(

Another pic of my Sizzle pullet, Dahlia. I plan to breed her to this Silkie:

If its a boy :/ It appears to have streamers growing in so :fl If its a girl (like everyone else has turned out to be) I'll need to find a rooster :(

I picked up a few additions to my Sizzle project... Got a gorgeous tolbunt Polish frizzled roo and going to cross him on some black Silkies and see what I get. How cool would it be to make a hard feathered silkie type critter with the tolbunt coloring?! I'm not aiming for fancy, high quality offspring, the two frizzle project pens are purely for my entertainment. Eventually I'll ge my hands on a tolbunt hen for my roo, but until them he will be making me cute little abominations.

Roo:

I also bought a really pretty little blue Sizzle from Marsha at the Carolina Chickenstock- really like her! She's vry nice quality- black skin, blue earlobes, nice and poofy, and super frizzly. Her head is on the right- kind of hard to tell one from the other!

And a frizzle Cochin hen, just because she is absolutely adorable. She always looks offended.

Back
Top Bottom