The Sizzle Thread!

Anyone want to guess what color this little one is? It's a color I've never seen before and the only sizzle I kept from our last 2 hatches :)

What color is my sizzle? Two months old and I am thinking a pullet.... Partrige? lemon blue?

i think you could get away with calling them either blue partridge or lemon blue, if you where showing her. but as to what she is genetically. not a clue.
she doesn't have any clear partridge penciling, but she might be caring partridge from one of her parents. but if she was silkie you would call her blue partridge regardless. and i don't know enough about lemon blue to say for sure. and from what i google lemon blue seem vary in the amount of buff to blue.
she is very pretty love the colors :)

i think you could get away with calling them either blue partridge or lemon blue, if you where showing her. but as to what she is genetically. not a clue.
she doesn't have any clear partridge penciling, but she might be caring partridge from one of her parents. but if she was silkie you would call her blue partridge regardless. and i don't know enough about lemon blue to say for sure. and from what i google lemon blue seem vary in the amount of buff to blue.
she is very pretty love the colors :)
Thanks, As I looked back at this post and pictures they do not do justice to the real bird but none the less I am going to call her partridge. I am going to take her to a show in 2 weeks I belive she will be either in the frizzle class or feather legged class as sizzles are not a recognized breed. My entry form will read : Silkie, non bearded frizzle, partridge, pullet. Wish me luck. I am also taking my first original sizzle hen who is splash.

Thanks, As I looked back at this post and pictures they do not do justice to the real bird but none the less I am going to call her partridge. I am going to take her to a show in 2 weeks I belive she will be either in the frizzle class or feather legged class as sizzles are not a recognized breed. My entry form will read : Silkie, non bearded frizzle, partridge, pullet. Wish me luck. I am also taking my first original sizzle hen who is splash.
so glad you are showing, and lots of luck!!!
yes they are not a recognized breed YET! but DO NOT show them as a silkie!!!
if you show them as silkies the judge has no choice but to DQ them for not having silkie feathers. they will also DQ you for not saying blue partridge since she is clearly blue. so on the show form say frizzled sizzle, non bearded, blue partridge, pullet. you will be able to compete in AVO or now called NSV category.

Back
Top Bottom