The Sizzle Thread!

Ohhhh, or you could do show girl Sizzles! That would be an interesting mix up!

I've considered show girls many times, I just haven't been able to bring myself to get them. I think they're SO adorable as little fuzzy babies, but sort of creepy as adults :oops: I have seen a select few that were just too cute for words, but most of them just give me the heebie jeebies!

Lol. See I think the Turkens r creepy personally as adults. But I think the showgirls r too cute always. I'm weird though. ;) Although, calling a rooster a show"girl" seems so odd. LMBO!

Thanks Theresa, I am new to this show thing but want people to see and fall in love with the sizzles like I have. Definitely doesn't do me much good if they get disqualified...
Help! I was rechecking the birds and the splash only has 9 toes.....cant take that one to the show. I would love to take this one instead.. but have no idea if this is a recognizable color????
What color would you say it is and would you say ok to take to show or no? Has black skin 10 toes....bearded I think..ps I named her "peaches"
big_smile.png

It looks like its porcelain, but its difficult to say. It could be buff too.
For what its worth, you could take your splash to the show still. It'll loose points for the missing toe, but I don't think they'll disqualify for it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

because sizzles are unrecognized, you can only show in AOV or i think they call it NSV now.
so you don't have to worry about what color is recognized in silkies or not. you just have to find a color that is recognizable to the judges, (i would show a mixed color bird) but if the have a color match to another breed you should be good.
i would definitely show the buff (peaches) you have a pictured above. she should do better if she is more correct on all other points. than your splash is.

good luck and she looks great :)

Well this is super depressing but tomorrow i am taking my Sizzle Roo back to the breeder. I cannot have any roosters on my property so i agreed to swap it back out with the breeder so she can try to use him as breeding stock. I was hoping to see him grow to full size but if he isn't going to be a permanent member of the family i figured i'd better go ahead and swap him out and bring in the permanent replacement.

Oh man i can't do it. I went to go fill the water up and i just am too excited to see what he looks like as he grows. Looks like i am going to have to hang onto this guy until he learns to crow.

I have 2 amazing Silkie hens! They have been awesome moms several times. One is raising 7 adorable little 2 week old babies! 2 gorgeous F1 roosters! 2 sweet & loving F1 pullets who just started laying! 8 F1 juveniles about 6 months old, some look so great and would make awesome babies! And 2- 5 month old blue Silkie juveniles I looked for forever! This is JUST my Sizzle project birds who will be euthanized in 4 hours because I was ignorant and not cautious enough. I, at some point, unknowingly brought MG/MS into my flock, & now they will all go into a gas chamber this morning because I did not research! Plz... Everyone educate yourselves about the risks. This is harder than I ever imagined!

Back
Top Bottom