The Smithies, the $5 "Ayam Cemani" black meat bird

I have a chorus of guinea hens to sound the alarm,which brings a pack of little dogs on the run and a ram that will knock you on your *** and hit again before you can get up. Then I release the two big dogs

DC- you sound like me, lock everything up that's valuable. We took a photo shoot of each individual haffie and ayam cemani chick last night. One barfed food all over my bf, is that normal? He asked if it was a defense mechanism in the ac pullet that did it. I had noticed sneezing a couple days ago and began vet rx and poultry cell vitamin supplement along with electrolytes and vitamins in their water last night.

Off to the feed store, gotta get supplies, bresse ship monday from dc's sister. I'm excited!!

Last edited:
Hahaha DC...
If I find trouble being anounced by my wolfies and guard roosters..late at night, I'm likely as not to greet the intruder with my 38 special....or whatever else I can get my hands on easy.

The other night coons were running amok....so much commotion from wolfies and roos...etc...they sure didn't stay long.

When I get my valuable birds going....I can easily add heavy locks to each pen door...this is good advice...I'll be putting motion sensor floodlights too.

My horses scream too at night to let us know things aren't right...a mustang gets let out to wander the neighboring territory but my horses sure dont want him nearby......he has been chased off by my screaming horses.

Bluenkimchi, thanks for showing us your Smithies....looking forward to raising these.

Bluenkimchi- would you be willing to sell/ship chicks in the spring of your hmong?

I'm waiting for more cemani to hatch from my friend's flock & chicks to finish hatching of white bresse. Then it looks like no more chickens for me until spring. Seriously.

But planning for spring is starting now!

Bluenkimchi- would you be willing to sell/ship chicks in the spring of your hmong?

I'm waiting for more cemani to hatch from my friend's flock & chicks to finish hatching of white bresse. Then it looks like no more chickens for me until spring. Seriously.

But planning for spring is starting now!

If they breed by then, I might be able to, but i'm unsure atm.

Can always update you or on this thread, when ever they start making some eggs/chicks for me
smile.png

That would be excellent bluenkimchi! As you stated hmong chickens are very hard to find!

My bf is getting pretty into the fm chicken projects and meat projects I have going on.

Between my bunnies and chickens we're pretty set in case the zombie apocalypse happens.

I have 1 ac roo I named Reginald and he's likely headed to freezer camp when he's big enough. So far I'm planning on using my big ac roo Boss for breeding, but he will have to get the decrowing surgery done soon as I'm in quite an urban setting with a roo established already that's already recovered from a semi-quieting surgery.

This is my plan for all the roosters I plan on keeping to breed. The rest- capons!

That would be excellent bluenkimchi! As you stated hmong chickens are very hard to find!

My bf is getting pretty into the fm chicken projects and meat projects I have going on.

Between my bunnies and chickens we're pretty set in case the zombie apocalypse happens.

I have 1 ac roo I named Reginald and he's likely headed to freezer camp when he's big enough. So far I'm planning on using my big ac roo Boss for breeding, but he will have to get the decrowing surgery done soon as I'm in quite an urban setting with a roo established already that's already recovered from a semi-quieting surgery.

This is my plan for all the roosters I plan on keeping to breed. The rest- capons!

Just curious, how much and who exactly does these type of quieting surgeries? Very interesting

Are those AC roos from DC?

Back
Top Bottom