The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
How ya doing fuzzy?
Doing good, we were yard saling in the rain most of yesterday.......... My chickens only got to come out between the sprinkles yesterday. The only time the respiratory issues act up is in the damp cold in-between weather. So far so good this year, and i want to keep it that way! I am trying to decide when to worm, it is getting that time. Last year i waited until they molted, but then my gal started getting black in her, so this year i want to do it early to see if it was the wormer...

Sunday the kids are going home, peace at last! :) I will miss the noise a little, but not the early mornings! Been waiting to try a new hair dye too. Going to to coppery brown, feria brazillian brown. I found out the reason hair dyes didn't work for me was because the box dyes use too high a developer and too much of it! fryed my hair and then the color washed out. Last time i used a cheapo dye, and most of the copper is still there but somehow it lightened my hair? So the developer was still too high.
(I been diluting it to try to get it to 10%, instead of the 25-30 %
ep.gif
) Supposed to only be equal amounts color and developer too, not the huge amounts they sometimes give you! (beauty school dropout) lol.

Rusty... It was me and Silver. I built a regular... several regular coops, and Silver built a pallet coop.

This is my first coop...

They went through till fall, with this, then I started building a winter run off the front.

The Tuftex top roof has since been slanted. I am a newbie. The blue tarp is cuz I did something wrong in the roofing and it would leak in one spot. Still there... LOL.
Since this picture, another coop had been built over the top of the glassed sun area... I did that out of all reclaimed wood, and wood peices from construction sites. In the end, it cost me about 10 bucks.

NOTE- I had to work with in the lengths of wood that I had to make it as big as I could with out spending to much money.

In the winter, these coops were closed up tight. That is why you see no door on the winter run. This coop was built in February...
And then...
This is the process of the turning the winter run into a summer coop

See, I have changed the angle of the roof.There are also 3 layers of fencing on the bottom.

And then I started a tractor...

This turned into a death coop. Yup. Lost all my silkies to a weak spot that was up against the dog run. It isn't finished in this pic though.
And now...

And Fuzzy, I quit dying my hair over 7 years ago when I got knocked up for the first mini me. I keep thinking that I may go ahead and do it again... Cus even though I say I don't care about the grey, which is true, I do care about the fact that the left side of my head, the hair is lighter than the right. WHY? Cuz that side is always in the darn sun while I am doing my route! LOL, even my face is dark on the left, lighter on the right. AND MY ARMS! I do not have a typical farmer tan... Nope. I don't know what you'd call what I got. LOL.

Nova, I'm not upset... in fact, I'm still uncertain exactly whatever happened. I hadn't posted again after it was re-opened the first time so... ??? I think it was Kim's fault. In fact, from here on out I think everything should be Kim's fault.
lau.gif

But I have her in the PMs.

Change "PMs" to "closet" and this suddenly becomes very creepy.
hmm.png
What exactly are you and RB planning?

Oh yes, the second time... deifinetly Kims fault. HEHE.

Glad your good. I am not planning anything my self... Except maybe a duct tape run adn my kids getting duct taped to the floor.... This rain is just messing with my ability to run out in the yard and away. LOL

yes, for pets. i just had a vet last week talk me out of getting them. i figure the worst thing that could happen, is that we'd kill em and eat em if they became a "problem"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom