The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
well guess im gonna go for the night ... laters all
frow.gif

Well I am off to bed, thought I would creep out of ninja/lurker mode. Saw a bit about fleas, some 32lbs cat(needs to lay of the Friskies eh?), and some other bits and pieces. See you all tomorrow maybe...

No tatt for me tonight but my DS and BF's mom each got really nice ones, I'll post pics later.

I hate it when I'm so tired I can't sleep. I wish I had an off switch on my brain ..instead of manmade parts that give me headaches!

instead of manmade parts that give me headaches!
Better the headaches than dead....
hugs.gif

Yeah! Big cat. I think he was a mutant... LOL. He lived for 16 years then had a stroke that permanantly turned his eyes burgundy and then about a year later he had another stroke that paralyzed him from mid-way down, so my dad sent him to Rainbow bridge. My dad loved that cat. AND these two fatties I have now. I will get pics of these two later...

Really? Dawn dish detergent as a wormer? Well, I'll be...

Morning Rusty.

I want to see Lion King. I am a dork, but there is something about the opening music that always makes me tear up, and I don't know why... Only movie that does that. BUT I'd love to see the play...

Yeah I am here too silver... You just had to show up at bed time for my evil two legged freaks... I mean kids. LOL. They were awful last night. We have a bi-level, and the stairs are in two parts. One section to go down to the door, and then from there to the lower level. Well anyway, monsters decided they've seen enough "funny" clips on AFV of idiots going down stairs on mattresses and slides, that maybe they'd do the same thing... GAH! I wouldn't have cared so much if the stairs went into an open area, but, its a railing on one side that isn't a solid wall, and then a wall about 3 feet from the bottom of the stairs, where a hall tree (coats) and shoe rack are... Yeah... Not feeling it.

Oh, the joys of mi casa...

Why won't my chickens lay?
hit.gif
I have 2 hens that are supposed to be 22 weeks!
Maybe because they are a silkie and showgirl? Do they usually lay later?
Then My EE will be 20 weeks in October... Maybe we will get and egg for BFs Bday! Her face is still pale though.
I will never get anything but EEs from now on!

Mom2- I LOVE the NN frizzle roo! When I open the coop door, he RUNS right to me! "Hi! Good morning!"
lau.gif

All the chickens are upset with me because they have to be locked in the covered runs... No more food for that hawk!
somad.gif

Where can I get the netting to go over the run?

instead of manmade parts that give me headaches!

Better the headaches than dead.... :hugs

Yeah! Big cat. I think he was a mutant... LOL. He lived for 16 years then had a stroke that permanantly turned his eyes burgundy and then about a year later he had another stroke that paralyzed him from mid-way down, so my dad sent him to Rainbow bridge. My dad loved that cat. AND these two fatties I have now. I will get pics of these two later...

Really? Dawn dish detergent as a wormer? Well, I'll be...

Morning Rusty.

I want to see Lion King. I am a dork, but there is something about the opening music that always makes me tear up, and I don't know why... Only movie that does that. BUT I'd love to see the play...

Yeah I am here too silver... You just had to show up at bed time for my evil two legged freaks... I mean kids. LOL. They were awful last night. We have a bi-level, and  the stairs are in two parts. One section to go down to the door, and then from there to the lower level. Well anyway, monsters decided they've seen enough "funny" clips on AFV of idiots going down stairs on mattresses and slides, that maybe they'd do the same thing... GAH! I wouldn't have cared so much if the stairs went into an open area, but, its a railing on one side that isn't a solid wall, and then a wall about 3 feet from the bottom of the stairs, where a hall tree (coats) and shoe rack are... Yeah... Not feeling it.

Oh, the joys of mi casa...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........I don't think I ever tried that, but then again, our stairs were death traps anyways..........and haunted too, but that's not related.......

Why won't my chickens lay?
hit.gif
I have 2 hens that are supposed to be 22 weeks!
Maybe because they are a silkie and showgirl? Do they usually lay later?
Then My EE will be 20 weeks in October... Maybe we will get and egg for BFs Bday! Her face is still pale though.
I will never get anything but EEs from now on!

Mom2- I LOVE the NN frizzle roo! When I open the coop door, he RUNS right to me! "Hi! Good morning!"
lau.gif

All the chickens are upset with me because they have to be locked in the covered runs... No more food for that hawk!
somad.gif

Where can I get the netting to go over the run?
Heavy duty aviary netting is what we used because we have owls and hawks that would love to have a chicken for dinner. You don't want bird or poultry netting as these are too light weight and will tear easily. This netting is so heavy it will 'bounce' a hawk off .I found heavy duty aviary netting on Ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-150-Hea...427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5185ef92f3 . This is a very long roll so it seems expensive but really isn't if you figure out how much you are getting. You can buy other widths and lengths cheaper but our pen is oddly shaped so we used the six foot and then tied lengths together with zip ties. It works really well for birds but won't stand up to a deterimined racoon. I wove wire in the netting in spiral circles around the tree trunks where the netting was not pulled tight and that seems to have stopped the racoons from sliding down through holes and getting into the pen.

Last edited:
Heavy duty aviary netting is what we used because we have owls and hawks that would love to have a chicken for dinner. You don't want bird or poultry netting as these are too light weight and will tear easily. This netting is so heavy it will 'bounce' a hawk off .I found heavy duty aviary netting on Ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-150-Hea...427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5185ef92f3 . This is a very long roll so it seems expensive but really isn't if you figure out how much you are getting. You can buy other widths and lengths cheaper but our pen is oddly shaped so we used the six foot and then tied lengths together with zip ties. It works really well for birds but won't stand up to a deterimined racoon. I wove wire in the netting in spiral circles around the tree trunks where the netting was not pulled tight and that seems to have stopped the racoons from sliding down through holes and getting into the pen.

WOW. I wish we could have some of that but it'll never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom