The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyt -- Do you have a stockyard near you? Might check on info for their (usually weekly) auction. You can probably get straw cheaper. As for the railings, I'd leave it dry and chip it off with a shovel.

Heck no. I think the nearest one is about 70 miles or so. It would be worth it if we could buy in bulk but we can only store about 5 at a time in our barn.

We cleaned out all but 1 of our coops today. It looks like heavy rain so we had to stop. It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow so I can work on the railings.

Heck no. I think the nearest one is about 70 miles or so. It would be worth it if we could buy in bulk but we can only store about 5 at a time in our barn.

We cleaned out all but 1 of our coops today. It looks like heavy rain so we had to stop. It's supposed to be nicer tomorrow so I can work on the railings.

You don't have to store it inside. A pallet and a tarp and you're in business with straw.

Gosh, I don't have a map handy, and it's admittedly been a while since I've been out to ER, but I'd put money on both Lake O and Williamston being far closer than 70 miles?? I wouldn't think Lake O would be much more than a half hour... 45 min???

Nothing near Charlotte? I bet Robin would know if there was something even closer than those two.
hmm.png

You don't have to store it inside. A pallet and a tarp and you're in business with straw.

Gosh, I don't have a map handy, and it's admittedly been a while since I've been out to ER, but I'd put money on both Lake O and Williamston being far closer than 70 miles?? I wouldn't think Lake O would be much more than a half hour... 45 min???

Nothing near Charlotte? I bet Robin would know if there was something even closer than those two.
hmm.png
There is Manchester, Lake Odessa, Hillsdale, Battle Creek, and Napolean. All of them are closer than 70 miles.

There is Manchester, Lake Odessa, Hillsdale, Battle Creek, and Napolean. All of them are closer than 70 miles.

I figured you'd be "in the know". Thanks! I must say though, I think you all have more down there than we do up here. Spoiled much?
tongue2.gif

hmm.png

We tried the pallet and tarp and still had major issues with mice. We still do in the barn but not as bad.

Aric mentioned Manchester after I posted. Either way it's still more economical for us to get it up the road. Our truck is on it's last legs and I'm about to put my car up for the winter..not that I could fit any straw in it anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom