The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all bummed out here. We've been staying up nights for the last week thinking our little pygmy was about to give birth. She started a bloody discharge yesterday and we took her to the vet. Seems like she miscarried at some point earlier and what we've been seeing are just after miscarrying stuff. We are really disappointed as were looking forward to babies. But Maggie is fine so that's what's important.

We are all bummed out here. We've been staying up nights for the last week thinking our little pygmy was about to give birth. She started a bloody discharge yesterday and we took her to the vet. Seems like she miscarried at some point earlier and what we've been seeing are just after miscarrying stuff. We are really disappointed as were looking forward to babies. But Maggie is fine so that's what's important.
Awww so sorry
hugs.gif

Awww so sorry
hugs.gif
Thanks, Robin. We also feel pretty stupid that we didn't realize she had miscarried. Couldn't find any remains but probably animals got that. Oh well... Now DH says he just wants to get a couple of Nigerian Dwarfs in the spring. So probably no more babies for Maggie. Not that she would mind I'm sure. She's queen goat and has her hoofs full with keeping the three adolescent wethers in control - ha.

Thanks, Robin. We also feel pretty stupid that we didn't realize she had miscarried. Couldn't find any remains but probably animals got that. Oh well... Now DH says he just wants to get a couple of Nigerian Dwarfs in the spring. So probably no more babies for Maggie. Not that she would mind I'm sure. She's queen goat and has her hoofs full with keeping the three adolescent wethers in control - ha.
I used to have goats (Pygmy) but my main livestock are sheep and the goats just pestered them too much at feeding time. They would bunt them away from the feed and guard the troughs so the goats had to go. Not having that.

hugs.gif
so sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom