The Story of a Guinea Fowl

PolishFrizzle

In the Brooder
May 23, 2016
Hi guys, I'm here to tell a story about a Guinea Fowl named Runner. Hope you all enjoy
1f642.png

So, one day, my Dad called me outside. I didn't know what he wanted, but he said "a once in a lifetime bird". So I came outside, and he pointed at the mystery bird. "What is that?" He said. When I got closer, I recognized that as a Lavender Guinea Fowl keet. She sounded like a screeching "buck-wheat!". It just hung around in our neighbors driveways. I took care of her for two days, as I figured someone kept her. I came outside daily and fed her, and gave her water. There was snow on the ground, and the poor baby was freezing. She slept on our neighbors mailbox, but our neighbors and I live right next to a busy street, almost like a mini freeway. Thankfully she never ran out into the street. So finally, my Dad and I went to a nearby farm, literally across the busy street and a block left. We asked the farmer, "are you missing a Guinea Fowl?" "Yes!" She had shrilled! After a half hour of talking and thanking, we went back to our house to catch the loose Guinea Hen. After a wild Guinea chase, she had ran out into the super the busy street, and she nearly got hit. The farmer, named Noriko, went out after her. Me and my dad got in the car and drove around the block. After a chase of jumping fences and running through yards, I finally cornered her and grabbed her. She was sooooo loud! Noriko thanked us, and now I am best friends with her. We named her Runner because of her speed and her ability to run. Now I go to their farm like every week and help out.

Thats nice. She probably remembers you as the person that saved her life. I'm glad you found her home for her.

Back
Top Bottom