The Sussex thread!

Quote:
I'm not sure. But my Ameraucana got it two years in a row, and no one else did. Maybe some are prone to it?

2 out of 8 of my Coronations have had bumblefoot. It is very rocky here, too. I have only had one other bird with this, an Icelandic (small).

Quote:
Wheres the pictures please I'm very curious.....I love my spotted Sussex though, so very pretty, but can't seem to picture a striped one? LOL silly isn't it. Kim

====================
look on page 123.
karen

My lonely Coronation Sussex chick that hatched from RevolutionMama's eggs.

69362_duck_pictures_10-2-2011_019.jpg

No idea if its a Pullet or Cockeral... I think the chick is still to young to tell yet. But I do have to say that this chick is soooo fluffy! I love it!
big_smile.png

The pictures of our Cuckoo Sussex can be found on page 124 of this thread. Or you can see them on our website www.utahwarmblood.com. I be hatching eggs from these guys due Oct. 6th and then again on Oct. 26. I will post pictures for everyone to see.

suzie

Quote:
Wheres the pictures please I'm very curious.....I love my spotted Sussex though, so very pretty, but can't seem to picture a striped one? LOL silly isn't it. Kim

I have what is probably a really stupid question. The Sussex SOP weights are roos 9# and hens 7#. Why are so many of the varieties so much over the weights?
Thanks.

Quote:
My Coronation are probably much over the weight standard. I have never weighed them. I guess they grow 'em bigger in Australia (they are imports). On the other hand, my Buff Sussex and Red Sussex are probably underweight.
idunno.gif

How exciting!
Quote:

Quote:
My Coronation are probably much over the weight standard. I have never weighed them. I guess they grow 'em bigger in Australia (they are imports). On the other hand, my Buff Sussex and Red Sussex are probably underweight.
idunno.gif

I think my coronations are large too! much larger than any other sussex I have, with maybe the silver sussex running a close 2nd. Sadly I'm having to auction them now. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7545371#p7545371

Back
Top Bottom