The Sussex thread!

@Johnn Do Light Sussex ever go broody?

I just got some Light Sussex hatching eggs. :)
Yeah, they do. Mine hasn't get but I think she will in the future as she acts broody all the time. I used to have another and she went broody and all my friend LS's do too. Good Luck with the eggs! :)

good luck with ur light sussex johnn dont forget pics..all well here hope for u too..
Well think the good luck is to Mr MKK FARMS, but yep all is well here. Glad everything is good with you. Have a broody with some eggs and a new broody has decided to kick her out and steal her nest so I'm trying to think how to sort them two out because the eggs are due Monday, but I doubt they will hatch because the broody has been useless!

My Coronation Sussex Doris went broody but wasn't devoted to it. I think it was more to hang with her buddy Betty who is a Sussex/Langshan cross.

I expect Glenda to go broody soon. She's been a bit moody when it's her turn in the nest box lately.

I can't tell the difference between my Speckled Sussex and my Welsummer, so here are some photos of both! Two days old.
girl #1. This girl decided to wash her face in her coconut water to prepare for the photo shoot.

girl #1

girl #1. ... and nap time.

girl #2. Much bigger, and VERY fluffy. She's the biggest of the 4 chicks.

girl #2

girl #2

girl #2. nap time, take 2!

I can't tell the difference between my Speckled Sussex and my Welsummer, so here are some photos of both! Two days old.

girl #2. Much bigger, and VERY fluffy. She's the biggest of the 4 chicks.

girl #2

girl #2

girl #2. nap time, take 2!
Okay, I'm pretty sure girl #2 is our Sussex. Her stripes are more blended, and the lighter stripes are more yellow. Girl #1 has black outlines on her dark stripes, and her light stripes are closer to white - I think she's our Welsummer.

Back
Top Bottom