The Sussex thread!

View attachment 1088463 View attachment 1088470 View attachment 1088473 View attachment 1088463 :loveand this is the lovely Jewel
Same age as Rocky. Smaller, less red in the face, hardly any wattle showing (and is still yellow/pale/white looking), smooth rounded tail feathers, smaller frame (more feminine like),

I wish I could help, but I can't say with certainty that Ricky's a roo. However, in a couple weeks the comb/wattles will grow a lot if it's a male. My only SS looked just like your female and that's the only one we have.

I hatched a female blue orp that had some early indicators of being a male at 5 weeks, but nothing developed. So glad I waited it out and didn't give her away as a male chick.

Dorothy
20246429_10207271096295343_4533117764000798340_n.jpg

@Johnn
Dorthy still looks amazing!
Is she your top hen? DS loves his SS "Chizzy." (Nicknamed "Special Sauce") She's a spring hatch but already sleeping on the top roost with the flock leaders.
touch.jpg

@Johnn
Dorthy still looks amazing!
Is she your top hen? DS loves his SS "Chizzy." (Nicknamed "Special Sauce") She's a spring hatch but already sleeping on the top roost with the flock leaders.
View attachment 1091757

Thank you again! :D No she's not, shes on the top side but she still had a few to answer to lol! Aw she's cute! Obviously knows how to get an easy life sucking up to the bosses lol!

I only have one but we're selling her because we got a bunch of fancy laced English orps. (Need the coop space when winter comes) My neighbor will probably take Sweetie. She already has Sweetie's sister Nemo, so my son is always over there visiting.

DS,
I got to say that is one nice-looking hen you have DS. really nice looking? I like the arrangement of the Speckles
I like the ground color. wow, you got a nice little hen there DS.
Karen

Back
Top Bottom