The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

Pics
If she was living in that coop, it could have been the move that cut her off, shell come back on laying when she feels like it, you can also boost protein, but purpletie3 is right they only lay so many eggs a year.
Yes, it is a commercial coop that I only keep those two in. I figured the move is what stopped her. She had only been laying about two weeks. I got 7 eggs total. Four are on day 18 and the other 3 are on day 11.

The time of laying varies depending on the time of year they were hatched and their environment.
Mine typically averaged around 6 months. Some would start at 5 months, and some would take up to 7 months.

Thx, I put 14 eggs in yesterday, it is going to be a long 3 weeks. Have not found a lot of info from people raising these birds. I feel so lucky that I found them close enough for a day trip to pick them up.

I think mine also took close to 8. I have some that hatched around October that are starting now. So, that seemed short to me!

You will love this breed. Make sure they get used to you. Happy hatching!
jumpy.gif
New hatchers 3 days old now. I have more due Saturday!
The one has great toes. The other threw two pinks. Everything else looks good! Love this bird

Back
Top Bottom