The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

I was thinking from the side, profile type pictures.
i'll try to get you some later. Heading
I was thinking from the side, profile type pictures.
IMG_20191015_083513606.jpg
IMG_20191015_083458400.jpg

Are these better?

He looks normal for a young roo. His feathers look good. In my experience, these chickens grow feathers slower than other birds. So He will still grow feathers for a while. He should be fully feathered by 6 - 7 months old. His rooster tail can get to about the same length as his body. His comb may continue to grow or stay small depending on the weather. A large comb is good for the tropical chickens, they is why the Ayam Cermani has such a big comb. The Svart Hona ideal would stay small, but they are very cold hardy. I would defently allow him to breed. Currently the Svart Hona is harder to come by than the Ayam Cermani.

Cool thank you :) I just need to find him some hens lol
He looks normal for a young roo. His feathers look good. In my experience, these chickens grow feathers slower than other birds. So He will still grow feathers for a while. He should be fully feathered by 6 - 7 months old. His rooster tail can get to about the same length as his body. His comb may continue to grow or stay small depending on the weather. A large comb is good for the tropical chickens, they is why the Ayam Cermani has such a big comb. The Svart Hona ideal would stay small, but they are very cold hardy. I would defently allow him to breed. Currently the Svart Hona is harder to come by than the Ayam Cermani.

Glad I found this! I love Svarts, they're one of my favorite breeds. I ordered hatching eggs to try and start a flock of them last summer, but none of them developed. I think they were roughhoused too much in transport or maybe x-rayed or something. I've decided against trying again for now, since I'll be moving in two years & will have to sell my flock, but I'm definitely gonna get my hands on some Svarts when I'm starting a new one!

Back
Top Bottom