The TARDIS has landed!!

Kuntry Klucker

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Tennesee Smoky Mts.
Hey Everyone, we have added a new coop to our coop-hood here at the Kuntry Klucker Farm. For those that follow me you were eagerly anticipating the post with our new coop. Here it is, I will attach the link to my blog here. Enjoy!!

https://thekuntryklucker.blog/2018/02/25/the-tardis-has-landed/

Tardis 1.jpg

Tardis 2.jpg

I am all about Dr. 10, my son (who is the caretaker of the TARDIS coop) is all about Dr. 11. The girls are named after the companions. There is Rose, Donna, Amy, Ashilder, Martha, and Clara. The boys are Strax and Hydroflax. I wanted to name one Devros but I was out voted. Once the weather gets warmer weather will get the police box markings on it with a light at the top. But for now it's TARDIS blue.

It is very nice. :) though I was expecting a special shed that had an entry way painted like the Tardis and then a secondary area that was attached that looked separate so that the inside was bigger. :p

I read your blog post! Looks great! I wish I had the confidence like you do in the prefabs!
I keep finding things that I don't like about mine. Every night I worry something is going to break into it. Maybe I need to invest in some electric fencing?

I read your blog post! Looks great! I wish I had the confidence like you do in the prefabs!
I keep finding things that I don't like about mine. Every night I worry something is going to break into it. Maybe I need to invest in some electric fencing?

Thanks!! Prefab coop are really not that bad. I know that they get a bad rap but I have used them for 5+ years and they hold up great. My secret is to update the hardware cloth, update some the latches, I put a good quality water repellent barn paint on them followed by a water seal. After all that is said and done they service my flock and I very well.

I do have their backyard enclosed with a 6ft wood privacy fence with electrtic wire running the perimeter of the outside of the fence to detour any diggers. The only predators that I have to really worry about are snakes and hawks. I update the paint job on the coops as needed. But once I give them a little love they really do last.

We get lots of rain here with humidity and some nasty wind storms as well. Through all of that they still hold up. I think that the fence may be partly responsible for blocking some of the straight line winds as they blow across the landscape. But honestly, I prefer the prefab coops to anything else.

I built our first coop, it was an undertaking that I will never do again. I found through that process that I have no business using power tools. It was a hard and scary project, I love the Kuntry Klucker but I will never build one again. Prefabs offer everything I need, all I have to do is put it together and give it some love.

Back
Top Bottom