The tastiest Meat You Have Ever Had?

Feathers of Eden

Songster
Feb 8, 2021
Ontario,Canada
My Middle Eastern background mixed with being a serious ex-hunter and food adventurer has made me try almost any meat I could get my tongues on.
the common meats like beef, chicken ,lamb,goat aside, I have tried many hunting birds and wild goats and mouflon and wild boar and deer and bison.

I also have tried camel meat for a while back in Iran( very rare even there).

I have also tried some not so popular meats like: Turtle, Snake, Giant Lizard,shark and so on.

There is only three times in my life that the taste of the meat really impressed me:
1- Caspian See Strogen : Many people know about Caspian see world famous Caviar but not many know that the meat of the Strogen fish is extra ordinary tasty. It is a luxury and not day to day meal but you will never forget the taste.
2- Young Gazelle. A year old Iranian Gazelle was the most tender and mellow meat I have ever had.
3- The title of the tastiest meat I ever had goes to , wait for it , because you wouldn't believe it, are you ready? Wild Boar.
An Iranian Wid boar that was cooked to perfection wrapped in aluminum foil in oven through the night by a German Lady and following a German recipe has been the tastiest meat of my life.

What is your tastiest meat you have ever had?

Beef - filet mignon
Seafood - Chilean Sea Bass
Shellfish - lobster
Pork - tenderloin
Chicken - kidney
Lamb - rack
Goat - all cuts

Nothing exotic or fancy, but fresh caught channel catfish, cleaned on the river bank and cooked in foil on a fire built along the bank. With some butter and lemon pepper. Simple and delicious. And the fact that we caught them and cleaned them ourselves made them taste all the better. I've had a lot of "fancy" meals since then, but those simple fish bakes by the river killing time on warm summer afternoons still stack up.

I've found that my enjoyment of any food changes depending on the level of my appetite and how it is prepared.

I've had bison steak that was stringy, chewy and disappointing - old cow, probably not aged well enough, and it was overcooked. And I've had Spam that was out of this world fantastic.

I'm curious to try wagyu beef, but can't afford it. As much as I love a perfectly grilled medium-rare beefsteak, I'd still say my favorites have been lobster, shrimp and crab!

Back
Top Bottom