The Temperature For Hatching Eggs

Desertvalleychickens

Spurred by a Cactus Spine
Premium Feather Member
Sep 28, 2020
Indian Wells Valley, CA
My Coop
My Coop
Temperature: The eggs need to be kept at 99.5 degrees at all times; just one degree higher or lower for a few hours can terminate the embryo. Humidity: 40 to 50 percent humidity must be maintained for the first 18 days; 65 to 75 percent humidity is needed for the final days before hatching.

Chick.jpg

did you want clarification? lol .. imo those are the ideals to shoot for .. it 'can' terminate the eggs but ive had temps go up to 103ish or fall to 95ish before i caught it and corrected it with seemingly negligible effect, so keeping an eye on things is the most important factor .. you just dont want things to get way off and be missed for several days ...

did you want clarification? lol .. imo those are the ideals to shoot for .. it 'can' terminate the eggs but ive had temps go up to 103ish or fall to 95ish before i caught it and corrected it with seemingly negligible effect, so keeping an eye on things is the most important factor .. you just dont want things to get way off and be missed for several days ...

You can just talk about what temperature you recommend here.

Back
Top Bottom