1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The things children say....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tls_ranch, Jan 20, 2011.

1. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

The things childeren say......After grocery shopping today, I decided to treat my kids to a special lunch. We just got out of the car and a highway patrol officer,who had parked next to us, stepped out of his patrol car. My son (age 5) shouted, " Mommy, RUN!! It's the cops!!!" He continued by grabbing my hand and trying to drag me and his sister out of "harm's way". The officer clearly heard my son. [​IMG] and ended up eating his lunch at a table across the restaurant from us. [​IMG] Needless to say, I had a long talk with my son about policemen and that they are the goodguys.

2. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I'm in my 50s and still say that lol.

3. dkosh

dkosh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Eastern MA
    Our farm does pick your own apples in the fall...a family taking the hay ride down to the apples was passing the field were we had some cows and a donkey (a jack). One little boy asked his father if the animals were fake. The father said no they are real, why? the little boy said "well why is the donkey plugged in to the ground? The father was at a loss for words. We just giggled. ahhhh farm life!
    [​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Heheh... now that's funny. Niece KK has acted rather odd when an officer gets behind us in traffic. Course I know where she learned THAT from, still I did the same as you and let her know they were the good guys. Probably helped that we weren't pulled over though.

Plugged in? Call me farm stupid but I don't get it? Does he think donkeys levitate or something? Trying to picture a Hover Jack and it's just not working.

5. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

..... oh, you're serious. Think of an intact male donkey thinking of a female donkey in "season" and you'll get a donkey that's plugged into the ground... Or at least that's what I got from her story...

6. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:By "Plugged in" I think they mean he, the Jack, was very relaxed... maybe just finished relieving himself.

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

OHHH... yup, farm stupid it is. [​IMG]

8. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    LOL, kids are pretty hilarious... My boyfriend's daughter (who is 4) usually comes up with the best ones... For example - last year we were at their aunts house for Thanksgiving dinner. His daughter was sitting next to her aunt when she started to say the prayer and got through dear lord... All of the sudden Ziri bursts out "I'm not the lord!"... We were hysterical... His aunt didn't see the humour [​IMG]

This year at Thanksgiving my dad asked her if she wanted to say grace. Her reply? "Monsters are real. Amen." [​IMG] Luckily my parents have a much better sense of humour than her aunt does [​IMG]

9. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    My oldest daughter gets into the car last year and declares that she is as thirsty as a dried up worm!
    [​IMG]

10. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I was telling dd 5, to hurry up and pack her back pack (I had just packed it, and she unpacked!) She looks and me and say, "well I don't have 3 hands you know" It was to funny, and that's not an expression I use!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by